Social Security Number

I provided my Social Security number as part of my KYC level 2 approval, which I don’t even think was necessary.

Question: Will Electroneum ever reveal my Social Security number to a 3rd party? If so, under what circumstance?

Hi. We follow the GDPR rules regarding personal data protection. It is not in our T&Cs that we are sharing with 3rd parties, and we will not be sharing information such as SSN.

Question:

The KYC form I filled out asked for: Company Name, Title, and EIN number.

Were you asking for the name of the company that employs me and for their EIN number?

If this is the case, I prefer to provide you that information and remove my Social Security number from the account.

PLEASE ADVISE.

Under the Privacy & Cookies Notice is says the following. Based on this, it sounds like personal info. – including SS# - can be released to 3rd party:

4.1 Common uses of your information

We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:

4.1.1 Where we need to perform a contract we have entered into with you.

4.1.2 Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.

4.1.3 Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and rights do not override those interests.

4.1.4 We may also use your personal information where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) or where it is needed in the public interest although these circumstances are likely to be rare.

It was the company name and your SSN.