Prepaid etn without any additional infrastructure

@ETNCEO @chris.gorman take note :memo: :laughing:

1 Like

Not sure what kind of incentives one could offer that would make it a worthwhile kickstarter/crowd-funded project.

A realistic return in etn? We could supply the card initially supported by electroneum (for say contributing 10% of the etn in the wallet) once etn is main stream then we could charge the consumers?

I think it would go a long way towards mass adoption, as it reduces the headaches of purchasing ETN. They wouldnโ€™t need to go to an exchange or anything.

That does bring up an interesting point when it comes to pricing ETN loaded cards. It would have to be something which has a flexible price, rather than a flexible amount of ETN for a fixed price.

That could be potentially solved via the instant payments API, however.

This can be solved by dynamic pricing which some supermarket uses to sell fruit for example.

When it comes to profits, Iโ€™d look at how VISA gift cards are set up. A low convenience fee, basically.

True. Set up a basic mobile application which can display the current price + vendor markup on demand.

Could even use IOT tech to have, on a supplied kiosk thatโ€™s connected to the web, the price for a card + vendor set markup.

1 Like

The problem with this idea can be fixed with a little idea as this:
Reputable brand outlets could print such cards with concealed keys before human presence. That is, the scratch off area of the card would be concealed before itโ€™s out of the machine, then then loaded via the public key as usual.
Summarily, one buys from reputable brands only.

Thanks.

1 Like

https://denarium.com
These guys have solved already how make a secure physically tradeable blockchain product.

But I must say. I definitely think there are better ways for people to get ETN than prepaid cards. Many of those ways have been discussed here: Get ETN through mobile operators