Phase 2 community Update from Richard Ells 19/05/2020

So can anyone confirm is there is any way I can mine electroneum via pc or phone other than the new app?

2 Likes

I think the halving is in July, if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

If it is free, it is a “gift”. You cannot “earn” a gift, otherwise it would be “compensation”.

1 Like

It is way over due for Phase 2. It should have started last year. But Anytasks is over a year late.

2 Likes

Please dont mention me about free or no free or gift or something else this is not about that. The first release its cloud mining and now job apps. Thats the point.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Hmm, that’s a good direction to go for ‘adopting’ more etn usage to the mass public. Just hoping that the balance I had from the reward system actually goes to my wallet since I had yet to seen any indication of it being transfer to mine.
Anyway, looking forward to what would happen in the future for this coin (been following it even at it lowest market price) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Eu quero apenas ganhar bastantes etn

1 Like

It is not a matter of being selfish or not understanding the policies and technical issues that involve ETN. For me and for the majority of us who are from poor countries it is simple, if the tasks are too complex to require a very specific level of knowledge or paying little in relation to the work performed will not be worth it and us we will leave

5 Likes

yes understood. but what you say is this: I’m poor and can/will not learn so give me money for free.

Wouldn’t it sound better: OK I’ll try my best to learn something new and make money out of it

10 Likes

I think expecting more than a very tiny percentage to switch to selling digital skills is unrealistic. It is up to them of course, the opportunity is there. No guarantee they will sell what they list anyway, does the world really need another 300,000 people to photoshop their holiday snaps?

It is what it is and it had to end eventually. I’d like to think some MM coins have stayed in the ecosystem and been used locally, then the MM will have done its job as being a free sample to encourage further use.

4 Likes

Couple things I have taken from this announcement.

The removal of airdrops is both a good and bad thing, the sudden loss of the extra income certainly in developing countries for the unbanked could be bad, but then it was never guaranteed anyway. Although the whole $3 a month passive income is no longer a marketing tactic to drive adoption so other methods will be required.

Secondly up until now, ETN has been used for digital sales only, with mobile top ups, which are for all intents and purposes a digital asset so easy to cater for and have no fixed market value, with the future ability to pay ulility bills with ETN, which are a physical asset it would be a harder to guarantee a reasonable market value.

No electricity/gas/water company is going to want to give away their product, which an ETN airdrop would essentially be allowing.

On the plus side though, this one change could well be the driving force required to promote mass adoption, specially in developing countries, and certainly in remote areas where people often walk long distances just for basic necessities and services. The ability to pay a utility bill from anywhere without the requirement to travel could be a really positive change, it would also give shop owners an incentive to start accepting ETN for everything.

4 Likes

I agree with you, 50,000 completed AnyTask sales is better than 300,000 freebies. Unsold AnyTasks won’t help anyone of course.

I don’t know if user numbers has translated to being a powerful asset, I thought the idea was to get coins being used locally and that would drive ETN with the network effect etc. Has this been tried long enough to know if it is going to work or not?

If we can get some those completed AnyTask payments to get used locally, and the coins remain in the ecosystem, then of course that is great and kills two birds with one stone.

I suppose what we have here now, is using the app downloads as a way of advertising AnyTask rather than being a means of ETN distribution in its own right.

Although this had been discussed a bit in the community and speculated on I was still a bit surprised by the abruptness of yesterday’s cessation. I thought it might be phased out eg. reducing payments while promoting AnyTask, with notifications that it would end in two months, one months etc… a countdown clock, while giving people time to investigate AnyTask.

Do we know yet what is to happen to the remaining pre-mined supply?

4 Likes

That is one way of looking at it. But sold tasks also remain on the site for the seller to offer again. I was thinking about the ones which never sell. To draw a parallel with the world of selling physical goods, people on eBay often complain about the same old over priced junk that comes up in search results over and over again, relisted, and relisted and relisted again and again.

2 Likes

Yes, you need a lot of listings to attract buyers. There will always be some disgruntled people, buyers who complain about seeing the same old tat, and frustrated would be sellers who blame the site because they haven’t made a sale.

The most important thing now is advertising. Comparing with selling physical goods again, one of the eBay alternatives that I use is eBid, nice platform and cheap to use, but they will never spend any serious money to advertise it, they just hope for organic growth… as a result sellers become frustrated, and potential buyers have never heard of it.

It’s really only good for a substitute for having your own website (at least saves doing the site building part yourself) as you have to do the donkey work in promoting it.

3 Likes

Agreed, this is what exactly will and is happening, forst thing uninstall the app, second forget about the project, only very few people will be able to and willing to use Anytask.

2 Likes

It would have happened sooner or later anyway.

Depends how many of them still have the ETN they’ve mined and want to do something with it.

I guess phone top ups will drop off for a while too.

We have to remember the effect all these things will have on supply, if we’ve been complaining about low price we can’t really have an issue with this surely? I just thought it might be a more gradual phase out rather than “BAM! No more ETN for you!”

6 Likes

Maybe AnyTask could also look at Mechanical Turk for inspiration as not everyone has the aptitude for this kind of work. Most people can however follow simple instructions for completing repetitive tasks.

The problem with AnyTask is that most of the sellers will be Banked and not the UnBanked so although i believe it will be a success i don’t think it will benefit the targeted UnBanked people it was originally designed to help as much as people first thought it would.

3 Likes

You who did not understand, people from poor countries have to work with something tangible and substantial, they will not spend time on something specialized where they will have to compete to sell services against people with more conditions, coming from rich countries … I am not defending the continuity of free money, because it really is harmful to everyone, I’m just saying that the way it is used will not attract the majority of poor people, or who come from poor countries and who work to live. Anyone who doesn’t understand a comment like mine certainly doesn’t come from a poor country, where there are no jobs and people work informally so they can just survive and don’t have time for futility …

3 Likes

what about this. it’s not tangible and not substantial but people could sell their voices. for example saying out loud couple of English sentences translated to their native language. translation and machine learning companies could be interested to pay for the recordings. this doesn’t need special skills just a phone.

2 Likes