My opinion on how to get your KYC approved

Recently I open a ticket to change my ID (old soon running out) and address (I moved)… till now 7 days of wait… let see when will be resolved… :wink::beers:

Just had a 31 page PDF rejected this time. It’s just not funny anymore, and I’ve never known anything like it from any other organisation. They are making it as difficult as possible for some of us to access our accounts. On purpose? I’m starting to think so when I’ve sent bank statements(old and recent), exchange deposits, crypto transfers from coinbase, via kucion to the electroneum app, a tax return etc etc.

what reasons were given in the rejection mail you got?

1 Like

They’ve asked for some bank statements that show nothing useful. I sent the ones where I’d made deposits to exchanges. Plus they’ve asked for one I’ve already provided! They want a paper trail of transfers, which I’ve done already. Now they even want a selfie with a passport/drivers licence in my hand. Never asked for that before. They are making this as hard as possible, and no other organisation I’ve ever known has asked for all this. 70 pages in my last PDF.

1 Like

Selfie with passport / driver license is standard procedure for KYC for any online fintechs . It is to show that you are the one in the passport actually applying for the KYC.

1 Like

I know how hard it is providing all these information but it is a requirement the regulatory authorities have imposed on them. I will kindly say you should provide all that is required.

Follow up with my tips on how to get verified and you shouldn’t have any issues.

Ensure your details match with what you fill out in the Electroneum verification Portal.

Ok then why have they asked for a passport selfie just yesterday, and not since November when this all started? They have one on file already

But the requirements keep changing or they just don’t tell you what they want, and let you guess. If this is what they think they require I’m done with this project after years of supporting it. No other organisation has ever asked for this stuff in such depth. If they’d have told me from the start what they wanted from people then we wouldn’t all be complaining about it. They’ve made a complete mess of this process.

KYC was announced more than 2 years ago. It didn’t just start now.

Perhaps you haven’t been following up with updates.

I was KYC level 3 approved until November 2020. Then it all turned into a mess and I can’t access my account anymore. The fact they’ve asked for a selfie now says it all. That’s never been mentioned to me since this farce started back in November. How am I supposed to pass the system when they ask for a selfie 5 months later?

I remember having to do a couple of selfies making different gestures right at the beginning. Just do what they’re asking and you’ll get verified instead of moaning on here about stuff you haven’t even done.

2 Likes

Perhaps use a wallet that gives you your own private keys if you don’t want to use the Electroneum app.

Hang on. Key word “at the beginning”. I’ve been at this for 5 months now and getting nowhere. They’ve asked for a selfie after 5 months, not at the beginning. As for moaning it’s because they keep changing the boundaries all the time. You’d be as annoyed as me if this was happening to you. I have provided what they’ve asked for, then they just reject it and ask for more.

they rejected your selfie???

I never said that. They asked for a selfie yesterday in their email after rejecting my most recent set of uploaded documents. First time they have ever mentioned it. I’ve included it in my 70 pages of PDF I uploaded yesterday.

ID ok
Selfie with ID ok
Support document ok
Source of Funds Pending

Got in at ICO, after that coins were stored at paper wallet.
Now trying to sell.
Been rejected for two months.

Bought ETN with BTC that was mined with Antminers.

What kind of document is needed for getting approved?

send proof of income you had money to buy an antminer. send a receipt of buying antminer. just my guess

My support document verification is pending. Also, I stated unemployed while filling the information, since I lost my job due covid. However, while buying coins I’m employed. Will they trouble me for income proof

Your employment status doesn’t matter. The next stage of the verification will be your source of funds, you can submit a bank account statement of at least recent 6 months of transaction history. The bank account statement must contain your name and the address used in registering your Electroneum account, I mean the address you filled out in the ID verification stage

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt response. However, I still have small doubt. Two years back , while I was working I purchased ETN. Why should I submit last 6 six month bank statement. Becoz there are transactions since I’m unemployed. In my case, I have personal loan and there is no source of income to that account. I’m paying EMI by giving cash at bank itself.