Music club.. you know the drill

Started my morning with Sublime, and on to The Offspring:

2 Likes

From Red Hot + Riot.
Fela Kuti cover, if that means anything to anyone here.

3 Likes

And then somehow I came across this:

Rockabye Baby, Lullaby versions of cool songs from Metallica, Queen, Led Zep, Grateful Dead so on. Thatā€™s getting the kids started right! :grin:

1 Like

Lol I listened to this with my morning coffee and now Iā€™m ready for bed.

1 Like

Oh, itā€™s just me, myself and I
Solo ride until I die
'Cause I got me for life
Oh I donā€™t need an online wallet to hold
Cause my walletā€™s too damn cold
I got that FOMO in my soul

I donā€™t need anything to get me through the bear market
Except the ETN thatā€™s in my wallet
Yeah, itā€™s keeping me alive
(Keeps me alive)
I donā€™t need anything to make me satisfied (You know)
'Cause ELECTRONEUM fills me good and it gets me every time

Like ba-ba-ba-ba-da-ba
Ba-ba-ba-da-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-da-ba
Ba-ba-ba-da-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-da-ba
Ba-ba-ba-da-ba
'Cause the ETN fills me good and it gets me every time

1 Like
1 Like

Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket: Rocket Man!! :rocket::rocket::rocket:

3 Likes

Beautiful sunny day in western Canada. So here is some great hip hop that came from my area! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u9JoEYxFnw

1 Like

Baljeatles

@Dr_Jan_Itor

2 Likes

Nice! Phineas and Ferb is priceless!

2 Likes

Interesting fact. Douglas Adams used the banjo sound of this song as inspiration for The Hitchhikers Guide theme musicā€¦not the F1 music bit obviously! :metal::metal::metal:

3 Likes

I saw Fleetwood Mack last October in the Tacoma Dome

2 Likes

Awesome, I thought about it over here ā€¦ Then I saw the price of the tickets! :anguished:

1 Like

I think I paid about $135 USD each for them

1 Like

Sounds about right, Iā€™m too poor for that! Did they deliver?

3 Likes

Ive just seen the price for wembley tickets

And passed outā€¦

1 Like

Yes and my wife knows the only woman in the world I would leave her for id Stevie Nicks

4 Likes

I was going to see Adel and went on line right as they went on sale and they were over $700 USD I said no way

1 Like

When I was a kid I paid between $8 - $12 and I saw Led Zeppelin for $12 circa 1978

7 Likes

Yea concert ticket prices are insane now. My understanding is that itā€™s because people, in general, donā€™t buy music anymore. More digital subscription services than anything. Ticket prices got jacked up to help make up the difference.

Also depends on who youā€™re seeing, think I paid $100 to see Metallica on the death magnetic tour. (Remember thinking $60 was too much to see them when I was I high school.) But even then most shows Iā€™d go to were $20-30. $50-60 for a big festival.

Any more than that and you were expecting a serious effort and performance value from a stage show. Kinda like Nine Inch Nails, where everything was covered in LEDs, the entire stage, cabs and instruments were one giant light show. Pretty cool.

Last concert I saw, other than my buddyā€™s bands, was Charlie Daniels. Think that was around $40.