Music club.. you know the drill

This one I hold very close to my heart, and it has helped me personally in many ways.

The meaning of the song to me is that we can personally and/or collectively aim to achieve justice in a world that is giving up hope, we can achieve great things beyond our wildest dreams, if we aim to reach The Farthest Star.

It also rings especially true to the spirit of the electroneum community, with the lyric:

To mend divides;
To change the world;
To reach the farthest star…

…and the pinkhair household all truly believe the electroneum team will, in time, help a great number of people across the globe to reach their own personal “Farthest Star”.

2 Likes

Almost 30 years since I first heard this album. Tonight’s kitchen music. Really great band, never made it that big over here in the UK but what a band!

2 Likes

Another one of my favourites, just for the tune and energy! Great track to get energised!

(Nightwish did a cover, and I love Nightwish but even Nightwaish can’t quite beat this original!)

3 Likes

I too hope to die younger than I am.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

This is the greatest new song I have come across recently. Just wow.https://youtu.be/s93NCuXt7x4

2 Likes

Wow! This is an amazing piece of music and I hadn’t heard it before. Thanks so much for sharing @wTz1.

For a laugh, I just went downstairs and played it downstairs for the lads at home (rock musicians) without telling them who it was. They loved it right from the first few bars. The guesses, however, were entertaining:

Def Leppard; Dave Rich ( @higltypig ); Tom Hingley (ex-Inspiral Carpets frontman); Allan Dawson Music.

There was much surprise in the room when I announced who it actually was! :astonished::astonished:

1 Like

Yeah, the lads in my band started jamming on it and I looked blankly at them: what the hell is this thinking it was old school rock. Five minutes later learnt and on the set list. Amazing song however given it’s these three guys how could it not be!

2 Likes

Cool as! Well done people for learning it so quickly. Funny isn’t it how some songs can just be jammed out and others take a little while to pick up if the structure is more complex.

I think we’ll give it a go this week as well :v: :musical_score::musical_note::musical_note:

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

We’ve been asked to play this one at a private birthday party this weekend. Haven’t even tried to play it yet - I hope it’s not tricky! Eek :thinking::grimacing::grimacing:

Amazing song though - one I grew up with and still love!

3 Likes

I only know the Carter USM cover. What a great song. Sounds simple enough, make sure you bring keys…lots of keys!

2 Likes

This how my band would interpret it. Anyway, the original is the best. Takes me back!

1 Like
Community Terms | Main Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Support Tickets | Main Website