Movie talk-all year round

Alright, I’ll throw my .02 cents in.

Discussion of cartoons with @CryptoRidz invited me here. In my 30s and still watch Saturday Morning Cartoons with my sugary breakfast cereal. My favorite lately has been We Bare Bears, Phineas and Ferb before that. More age appropriate cartoons: Simpsons, King of the Hill and Futurama are my go to as many of the memes and gifs I post would attest to.

Favorite Movies (can’t pick one overall, have to go by genre):
Action- Die Hard Trilogy
Comedy- Coming to America (Although Office Space is an extremely close 2nd)
War- Tie between Memphis Belle and Tuskeegee Airmen (Laurence Fishburne version)
Sci Fi- Star Wars of course, (Ep 4-6 the originals to specific)
Halloween- Tie between Nightmare Before Christmas and The Crow
Independent- Boondock Saints

Bingeworthy streaming:

Travelers, Continuum, Flashpoint (Canadian), Stranger Things, Prison Break, That 70s Show, Man in the High Castle, Grand Tour/ Top Gear, Colony, Breakout Kings, Life (That’s plenty for now)

Yeah he’s kewler! :sunglasses::+1:

I agree on the zombie craze, think we’re on the backside of the trend curve for that one though. Finally. 28 Days later was probably my favorite zombie flick too. Although Shaun of the Dead is a nice change of pace.

I loved Walking Dead at first, but lost interest over time, seemed like they were just dragging the story out to sell advertising and merch. AFIAK the first season at least was filmed like a movie and then later broken up in to episodes which changed the dynamic a bit over typical TV shows.

I’ll catch some flak for this, but I haven’t watched a comic book movie since the first Iron Man. I honestly think that trend has run it’s course and they’re out of ideas. My .02 cents afterall. (I saw X-Men and the first Tobey Spider Man MANY times in theaters when they came out. Nothing against any of them, quality or anything, just hasn’t interested me.

Finally, I’m worried about the trend with Star Wars. Haven’t seen Solo yet, but I have liked every Star Wars Disney has put out so far. So far. I don’t like that the franchise has turned into a yearly release, and hope the quality doesn’t suffer.

Don’t think it’s possible? Gamers will understand what happened to Assassin’s Creed when that became a yearly release. There’s more examples.

Afterall, there was something special about there being so much time between Star Wars movies. The wait and anticipation. Seeing Episodes 1-3 when I was a “kid” with family members who saw 4-6 when they were “kids.”

So many good 80s and 90s movies and TV @Plankton! It’s hard to list them all, so much creativity. So much work that went into special effects, not just CG.

Knight rider gave me a thing for 3rd gen Trans Ams as a kid, and I’ve owned 2 so far. Only one black.

Solo was very good according to me.
Reveals a lot about the origins of the Resistance.
The Kessel run was epic.The whole movie is just based on a single sentence:

Rey: Is this the ship that made the Kessel Run in 14 parsecs.
Han: 12 parsecs.
@Dr_Jan_Itor

A lot of people don’t realize that Han Solo travelled through time.He’s been there since there was even a thing called ‘Resistance’.
He’s way way older than he looks.

It’s a shame that it was so underviewed and the reviews in the media was devastating.

Interesting. It’s in my Netflix queue, probably have to wait until the weekend. Although tomorrow is shaping up to be a snow day here. :cloud_with_snow::snowflake::snowman_with_snow:

Solo was awesome , some people didnt get it . Same as rogue 1 …

I look forward to the last of the new trilogy. And definitely looking forward to the new direction in the star wars universe.

Don’t forget the Kenobi movie.
What i like about star wars is if you go deep into each character , everyone has their own story to tell.So you could have like hundreds of movies in the anthology series.

Grear to see we have so many star wars ‘geeks’ in this community.
Makes me realize that we have a lot more in common than just crypto.@Plankton

Very true , the droid comic series was great and could go in that direction . Wookies , ewoks , jawas yeah the list is endless…

I would like to see different planets more new Jedi order , knights of ren etc etc

This might belong in my aviation thread, but in Western Alaska, there’s a village called Chuatbaluk (Chew-ath-buh-luck). To save time making position announcements in the pattern, we just call it “Chewy.” Meanwhile some pilots make their best chewbacca sounds:

“Chewy traffic, this is Cessna 1234 on left base runway 9, Chewy, RAWRGWAWGGR”

More than once have we gotten 2-3 planes together in formation where you’d here “Red 5 checking in!”

Let alone the village Shageluk which we call, you guessed it, “Shaggy”

“Zoinks Scoob!”

Airplanes :small_airplane: / Helis/ other Aircraft Thread/ Show and Tell

Hahahahahahhaha

:joy::joy::joy::joy::sunglasses:

There is a direct sequel to Coming To America being worked on now did you know that? Check it out.

Whoa! Totally missed that one. Blocked by company’s content filtering… To the phone!

Interested. Just hope they don’t screw it up. There’s so many sequels and remakes lately.

Haven’t seen much from Eddie Murphy lately. I think Arsenio Hall was hosting a game show or something. James Earl Jones is still alive and kicking, had a fun cameo on Big Bang Theory a few years back.

I loved the first one, I agree though, hopefully they do it properly. Though reading the article I am cautiously optimistic.

Is there ever enough air traffic that ATC has to “just hold them off for a few more seconds”?

No way !!!

2020 is movie year… nice share thankyou