Mining pools hashing power distribution

Last 11 blocks - 0 transactions - Me and thousands other people wondering what is going on for 2 weeks already and no one answering our questions - Is there any tech people in this chat from the team?

Less than 13 transactions (all younger than 2 minutes) waiting in pool.
Network performance is great !

Network_Is_Fine

meScared

1 Like

how much electricity are ETN using compare to BTC? This is an interesting question due to environmental profile

The X3 draws 3.5 times less electricity than the S9. But is also more expensive.
But people are already developing cleaner methods for creating the needed electricity.

2 Likes

There are approximately 22 000 X3s running on the network (6,6Gh / 300Kh) and they consume 600W (at 300Kh).

There are approximately 3 856 428 S9 on the bitcoin network (54Eh / 14Th) and they consume 1350W.

You can do the math :slight_smile:

THX for the answers. The environment is a very important question and today a political party in Norway wants to remove the tax cuts for BTC mining companies they have in norway, due to EL consumption. In Norway we have 99.9% hydro electricity. I believe this is about to be more in focus around the world in the years to come.

2 Likes

You’re totaly right ; here in Québec we also run mostly on hydroelectricity and Hydro Québec (the state company and only provider) decided to impose « punishing » rates to mining farms to discourage them. There was a growing demand in our province due to cheap electricity and cold climate. I’m sure we’ll see more of these situation around the globe.

1 Like

chrome

Seems ant pool took 1st place with promo.

https://miningpoolstats.stream/electroneum

From the that link ^ you can see that 2 pools are merge mining Electroneum with other coins.
cnpool.cc and minercountry.com

1 Like

F2pool back up around 50% again :face_with_raised_eyebrow: