Mining pools hashing power distribution

They found the next best thing in making money. Good for them, can’t say anything more.

@M-Kid get more ASIC miners and rescue us, good sir.

1 Like

@M-Kid is the ETN saviour one day he will be praised and a statue will be build in my garden of him :space_invader: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Either way i still build that statue :yum:

1 Like

DDOS for sure :grin:

1 Like

I don’t see this as an issue, although the distribution should be more even.
If f2pool were to launch an attack, everyone would know who did it, and they would no longer be able to mine it.
I would be more concerned if someone with a stealth pool held 50%+ of the network hash rate.

It is clear that Bitmain is manufacturing quite a bit of cryptonight miners, and that means that they see a market for it.
Looking at the list of cryptonight coins that allow asic mining, I can’t really see any coin with more potential than Electroneum.
So the fact that large mining farms and manufacturers are betting on Electroneum should give us all some reassurance that we have invested in the next big thing.

2 Likes

100% AGREE - ETN is the best choice from the whole market and new coins

1 Like

f2pool is a well-known pool since 2013, they have no interest in destroying the network by buying some asics for a small profit, when they can keep gathering ETN until it grows exponentially.

1 Like

Is there any problem with the blockchain - Why we have so many empty blocks?
f2pool has 65.4 % of Pools Hashrate - That’s not good for sure
Are we under attack from them?

1 Like

Great and in depth, thanks for clarifying the difficulty of actually pulling the attack off. Puts me at ease knowing my funds are safe :grin:

1 Like

Empty blocks are due to stop withdrawal and deposits to all exchanges…

Thanks for the info mate

now everything is fix and the empty blocks double compare to before the patch - any clue

@profit Due to spike in etn price, hash power of the network is

insane

THR_ATH

at the moment
Top pools are competing to mine (short block time) blocks

Exchange deposits are still down, there are few transactions in the Tx Pool and I think we are seeing zero-transaction blocks because TxPool is empty.

Take a look at this empty block:

TxPoolEmptyCreates_ZeroTransactionBlock

Almost 1000 txs remain in pool now, and also still many of empty blocks. Something wrong with blockchain?

@Mikas I am running a node, network looks healthy.
Total transactions are growing steadily.

There are no alternate chains and current blockheight is 388387, the same as the blockexplorer

I am no expert on monero blockchain, but im guessing we made an alternate chain with a few transactions about 5 hours ago. This alt-chain is now agreed upon as obsolete, the blockchain is reorganized and old transactions from the dead alt-chain are moved back into the pool (some of them are about 5 hours old)

The creation of alternate chains is normal, have a look here

This is why exchanges need about 20 confirmations before they accept a deposit

If i was mining etn at a pool with more than 51%, I would switch pool to protect myself and the blockchain.

Im guessing f2pool.com is run by one powerful entity, and that is why he does not need to worry about the above.

I don’t like mondays, and i don’t like Bitmain’s f2pool.com

I am watching node logs, and I am sure the blockchain team at electroneum is too.

If an alt-chain grows greater than 21 blocks in size, a double spending scenario is possible.
Alternate chains have to my attention never grown larger than 1-3 blocks

I do worry about crooked pool administrators with a lot of hashing power using a patched version of node software to gain advantage in the race for blocks

@JihanWu, be a responsible pool operator and encourage your miners to move some of their hashpower to other pools…

@andrepatta please could you verify if is everything OK? Lot of empty blocks right now and about 200 trx wait for go to the blockchain https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com

Right now 39 trx waiting in blockchain… And we have 80% of empty blocks… Any expert can clarify to me? chrome