Hello ETN community.
I have been working on Electroneum Payment Gateways for both Magento 1 and 2 and have finally reached a stage that looks decent, there is still some functionality I’d like to add, but for now it’s operational.
If you would like to see the working example, please check it out at: http://mattdev.ota.co.za
For my demo I’m running on a default Magento 2.2 installation with a sample catalog, so nothing purchased will be fulfilled. Sadly I’m just a worker bee with none of my own products to sell. As such, any payments made during testing of the demo will be treated as donations, and for this I do thank you
Below is a quick video of the checkout process on both desktop and mobile platforms.
If you would like to test the process out it’s super easy.
- Head over to http://mattdev.ota.co.za
- If you want to avoid entering personal or dummy info, go straight to the login page and use the provided demo customer details.
- Find a cheap product, or search for “watch” (products are priced in ZAR, R1 = $0.07 at the time of writing)
- Add it to the cart and click the cart icon top right
- Proceed to checkout, enter any relevant info you need to (if you didn’t login), choose “Free Shipping” and then select “Electroneum Instant Payments” in the payment method section
- Scan or tap the QR code to make your payment via phone or browser
- Feedback to me on the experience, bugs, quirks, whatever.
(fyi: i am aware that the QR code payment page needs to be bigger on mobile)
Finally, I would like to give a quick shoutout to the Electroneum team that have been working hard on this entire project for a while. I am super excited about where this thing is going, and I’m stoked to be playing around with payment integration.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.