Logging Block Reward Over Time

Just been using some of the images above and mapped out the emission curve in Excel. Each block seems to be 99% of the block before and therefore we have the following stats to look out for. Please note, I could be a day or two out in these predictions :wink:

• 31st December 2019 ~5400 per block, 3.9m per day
  • 29th December 2020 ~3200 per block, 2.3m per day
  • 28th December 2021 ~1900 per block, 1.37m per day

Key Dates:

• 21st March 2023 - Less than 1,000 per block
  • 10th August 2027 - Less than 100 per block
  • 30th December 2031 - Less than 10 per block
  • 20th May 2036 - Less than 1 per block
  • 9th December 2053 - 0.0001 per block
4 Likes

Lol. You did all the work I wanted to do but dreaded the thought of doing. :joy::joy::joy: THANKYOU!

1 Like

I don’t think those calculations are correct. ETN approximately halves every year

So 4/10/2020 would be a block reward of about 3953
(Doing the calculations it looks like it would actually be around 5/10/2020 to halve)

It’s amazing what you can do if you’re bored at work!!

3 Likes

I don’t know about any halving. I used the stats above with the weekly block reward figures from 7th August onwards and taking that first figure and multiply it by 0.99 every week since, the difference is just a handful of ETNs - less than 10 I think up to today.

To halve each year is a 5% monthly reduction.

I hope the team do something regarding the block reward soon. It is simply too much compare to other coin block reward and comparing to the rate of adoption . Market is currently flooded with over supply of ETN, causing investor to lose interest in the coin . It is a viscous cycle , when not address may spiral out of control before any serious adoption can happen .

2 Likes

April 26, 2019

6 Likes

@PrestoCrypto I have a feeling the reward os going at just the right pace for adoption. Get a bunch of ETN in to people around the worlds hands while cheap and in a year or two price goes up due to much lower supply.

1 Like

that’s a nice drop in reward now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The more coins in more holders and users hands the more decentralized imo. The abundance of coins currently is a blessing in disguise. Long term holders see this and are taking advantage. Do your own research, this is not advice (not directed at you @BigBrother305 )

With 10m users with the total supply this is only 2,100etn each

This is not considering that it will take years to reach the total supply. With less than the total supply available the amount of Etn is even less.

Now considering one of my other topics the amount of supply available will be even less because of demand (top ups. Gig guru, ecommerce)

Once the demand is there the supply will be also. :zap:

Onwards and upwards

:bow_and_arrow: :bow_and_arrow: :bow_and_arrow:

6 Likes

I see it man. Sometimes people make us feel crazy but what if we actually got it right. Haha

3 Likes

We see the vision and potential the future may bring. Electroneum is set to change the world imo. What if we are only seen as crazy because we are not crazy. It would be crazy imo not to think it would work imo.

Our time will come and we take this journey together, all around the world :zap:

We are Electroneum :zap:

5 Likes

4 Likes

May 4th 2019

3 Likes

Less than 5,509,620 Etn mined today :zap:

3 Likes

Wow, thats a lot less

2 Likes

@PrestoCrypto We’re the super block reward brothers. Lol

1 Like

We’ll be watching these Block reward deductions together for awhile :+1::wave:
I already think it’s interesting and exciting I can’t wait to watch in the years to come :zap:

2 Likes

Monero tells quite the emmissions story.

3 Likes