KYC /AML solutions

I’d like to Know if this forum is helping to solve the problem. And if there is any news on this issue. Or can Etn even find a different way to sidestep KYC/AML? and maybe even patent that.

In many countries KYC is an actual Legislative requirement and can not be sidestepped. Here in Australia for example, there is the AML/ CTF Act. KYC is the procedural application of the act and any means that seeks to avoid compliance is illegal.

1 Like

I guess my wording could have been better, but it is my understanding that in order for etn to meet the terms of contracts already signed with mobile phone companies and others that they must be fully compliant with KYC laws. These laws are not universal globally. That is why there are independent companies and projects that can solve the issue on behalf of etn. This what I meant by ‘sidestep’ a decentralized solution to the complex KYC issue. All I really want is some reassurance that etn can and will solve this very soon I guess… Thanks

3 Likes

Anti Money Laundering/ Counter Terrorist Financing measures are an outcome of 9/11 and has approx. 192 countries as signatories in agreeance that they will have legislative controls to track the flow of currency. Organizations required to comply are Banks, Deposit Taking Organizations, Credit Unions, Money Transfer Services, as well as any third parties they use in distribution processes. Its pretty much global. Countries that dont comply are subject to sanctions by signatory members.

You’re correct. I do believe I heard Richard use the term “Institutional Investors” at least once in the Michael Ambrose video series, so they obviously have something they’re keeping on the quiet right now.

1 Like

He did also seem to suggest in that video series that they are having problems progressing with the signed agreements until they figure out KYC. etn, would need to work closley with these mobile operators to ensure KYC compliance on their side rather than etn. Is what I’m guessing. I’d like to understand the actual stumbling block.

@Rach know anything about this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow that was a great understanding of ETN…

Fancy term for fat HODL accounts from ICO?

Maybe

@Latroy i also think that the partnerships they announced so far aren’t the only ones in place it wouldn’t surprise me if there are a couple big ones that we don’t even know about yet that are a secret until they are ready to announce them maybe those partners want KYC and such first in place before they will be a full partner of ETN and then they will probably also announce them when time is right :blush:

3 Likes

Is that right Richard? @ETNCEO :slight_smile:

I believe it. Cards played close to the chest.

I found the latest vid. :slight_smile: was gunna recommend one of the 3rd party KYC solutions lol. But I’m sure they knew. And they have made a good choice there. I’m sure it wasn’t cheap. But hey, they’ve got plenty of money to play with. Carry on. :slight_smile:

Its also the best way for Electroneum to play their cards right and and hold them as long as possible till the time is right to show them to us :relaxed: