Introduce advertising on the ETN app

Remember adds dont just cause frustration but they use data to load the image. Using the users data that they just bought with ETN everytime they go into the app, will in turn make them not want to go into the app in the first place IMO.

6 Likes

Another good point @ColinSTE.

Imagine this situation in ETN’s target markets in the developing world. You earn ETN through the miner and complete a few “gigs”, top up your air time, and then burn it faster to load ads. That would be frustrating.

Another reason I love the Brave browser.

3 Likes

Yes a banner across the top could work. It could just be a simple ad system were the adds are tailored to the country, so for example if ETN have 20,000 users who have put their location as Turkey on the KYC Level 1- a new exchange in Turkey or an online business there that accepts ETN could pay to have the add of their business shown to all the ETN users registered in Turkey. Just a banner across the top of the app when you log in with a link. So it wouldn’t take up any data or plant any cookies.

2 Likes

The best browser ever I guess. I’m Using it too

1 Like

For the ad in my opinion it’s the bad idea .forum my view I hate I’ll kinds of ad’s and trying hard to block them PC and even on my mobile .

2 Likes

I don’t think this will be something we pursue.

6 Likes

No offence taken. Ads do not have to be video or have sound though. Nor do they have to plant cookies or collect user data. It could simply an image that when you click on it links to the advertiser’s website. The advertiser could pay (in ETN) to to advertise to every ETN user in a given country. No data needs to be collected for that, when users KYC they say what country they are based in. As well as a revenue stream it also creates a utility for etn, namely paying for advertising on the platform, and returns some electroneum back to the electroneum team which would act to reduce circulated supply and have a positive impact on price (although it would probably be small quantities and limited impact).

2 Likes

Ads on the ETN App would seem as unprofessional as ads on your online banking. Does anyone have ads on their online banking? I’ve never encountered it thankfully.

4 Likes