Incentive to Use ETN

So we are all aware of the many reasons to except ETN as a payment but what’s the incentive for those who use credit or debit cards? I can only see the vendor offering an incentive right now but only if they’ll save a substantial amount of money by accepting it. I see why the unbanked is a target due to the lack of mobile currency. I feel that in order for this to be huge, the rest of the world is going on need a good reason to switch over to ETN.

0 Likes

Visa doesn’t give you discounts when paying your mobile service provider. While the banked middle class isn’t the priority target, not many people will say no to saving a bit of money each payment, even if it’s a small amount. There is also an advantage when transferring money across countries with ETN over conventional methods like an E-Transfer. For example, I recently sent an E-Transfer which got flagged by my bank, and then I had to spend time on the phone with them proving that I’m actually me, and I approve of the E-Transfer. Instead, one can move large sums of ETN around with zero hassle.
I’m sure there’s more reasons beyond those.
Hope that helps.

3 Likes