I'd love you to come and join my free electroneum "lottery"

I just bought another 2000 from you. This is really convenient for me at this time as Coinbase has locked up my LTC for 5 days before I can transfer it to Cryptopia and buy more ETN. I would advise to not increase the ETN topup amounts because you are already putting yourself at risk by accepting Paypal.

I’ve heard many bad stories of scammers requesting refunds after getting their product and I would hate to see that happen to a nice guy that is responsible enough to create a good customer experience.

You could try Venmo maybe? Or maybe you can work out a deal with etntraders.com?

I see you obtained DDOS protection. That makes me think you were getting attacked. Is that so?

This makes 6000 ETN I’ve purchased from you. Thanks. This also “sticks it to the man” for me because visa won’t allow crypto purchase but somehow this is a workaround. Maybe? This is the first time I tried with a card.

2 Likes

Hi Aironeous,

Thanks for making another purchase, I’m glad you’re enjoying the service. This is really the main reason that the top up amounts remain low, to lower the amount of risk that I’m open too from that type of fraud. The majority of payment processors have a similar situation in terms of charge backs. We do have the option to challenge any dispute and can provide solid evidence of providing the purchased item as described, to the wallet address supplied by the buyer at time of purchase. Of course, it depends on who PayPal decides to side with.

I think you’re right in terms of keep the top ups the same size. I need to strike a balance between giving users what they want, and keep myself safe. Richard mentioned FIAT-ETN pairings on an exchange soon. I would imagine that would be NEXT exchange from what’s been said in the past. I think this would provide a FIAT-ETN facility that would be able to deal with higher amounts.

I think us filling in the slot to allow users who can’t use NEXT exchange/any exchange/can’t purchase is what we’re looking at going forward. Of course I’m continuing to improve the site and the top up system along with that so perhaps with managing to reduced the fee’s and creating a better infrastructure on our side to deal with top-up sales we could offer a similar service.

Our top-up service was never created to try to challenge with big exchanges, however, more to create an opportunity to allow those who couldn’t get into Electroneum from being isolated and missing the chance of a lifetime. Too many people, face too many barriers, all across life. It’s extremely unfair that anyone should be disallowed the same opportunities that some of us take for granted.

I will 100% look into both of these services you’ve mentioned and thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Unfortunately, we’ve been under attack since about the send week in June! We’ve had Cloudflare protection available since just before the top up card system went live. This was to give us some extra security, even though all payments are processed off-site through PayPal. We also have numerous other things going on in the background from a security point of view.

I’m also implementing 2FA over the admin account as an extra layer. We have suffered denial of service attacks, and currently, brute force attacks have shot up. These are mainly on my account and have been successfully denied and protected against. Over the past 24 hours, I’ve seen an attack that is obviously working from a list of pawned email addresses, although none of them have ever registered with us. It’s important that everyone keeps an eye on their email addresses and checks them through the haveIbeenpawned website.

We don’t store anyone’s financial or personal information on the site. There is no Electroneum stored on the site or access to Electroneum. I would imagine that the main point of this attack is to either take our site down, or gain access to our user’s usernames and passwords. I’ve been very proactive in reminding users that they must not use the same or similar details on multiple accounts across the web. I’ve followed this up again last week with a post on the front page of the site, reminding users how important it is to have protected themselves from this type of activity and that if anyone has made this mistake, to take action immediately to rectify the situation.

We’ve got plenty of measures in place to ensure this doesn’t become an issue, by preventing the site from being compromised. However, nothing is ever 100% secure, so if we can take proactive actions to nullify the chance of anyone being in any danger if the site ever were to be compromised I think that is the right thing to do regards our responsibility to our community.

When I started the site, being attacked was quite far from my mind. I thought, who would even want to target a wee site like mine. We started having a problem in the first week with users duplicating accounts, using spoofing, using instances from cloud providers, it was an actual nightmare! I’m sitting there and I’m thinking, There’s no way I can run these draws like this. It simply isn’t fair to the honest users we have. I sat for quite a while trying to think of a way that I could prevent this type of action, in a soft touch kind of way. I ended up spending more time analyzing traffic and basically ended up on a wild goose chase.

That’s why our photo verification system had to be put in place, at great pain to me. I knew it would drop our user numbers like a brick and it did. We went from around 90 odd users for our first week, right down to around 14. I thought that was really going to be the nail in the coffin for the site, however, I have a massive thanks to give to our loyal users who stuck around from the start and gave me a chance. The most heart touching thing to me about the site is that those loyal users are still with us! I really appreciate those folk.

Anyway, I plowed on with photo verification and came up with the idea that I could allow users to invalidate their photo for use on other systems, which I think did help to reassure people. I’ve no doubt it has hindered our growth, but that’s the price we pay for keeping the draws fair and I’m willing to pay that price. So, back on topic, during that period, I increased the security on the site and have continued to improve it since then. I have actually been looking into yoti integrations, as they do provide login in service along with some other cool services but I’ll have to spend some time really looking at that before I decide on what to do.

My main aim for the site is to provide a similar service to the mobile miner in terms of providing free etn to interest and retain Electroneum users, Obviously, the coins for the mobile miner will be exhausted at some point so having something that provides a very similar service as the miner, but with the pool of coins being distributed actually growing rather than shrinking. In the future, there are opportunities to increase revenue through direct advertising on the site for a business that accepts etn to users who have etn. What we have to do is increase the user numbers dramatically which in turn will increase our revenue and the amount of Electroneum we can deliver for free.

Thanks for using the service Aironeuos, It helps to support and grow the free side of the site :slight_smile:

Chris.

3 Likes

Hi there Chris,
This is my first time I am using the forum and it appears in a way I found what I needed, but I will explain my case hoping I might get some other suggestions. First off, I really like the idea of your website and white listed it on Adblocker. More revenue means more funds for the community, right? Now, onto the point. I am based and employed in Romania. I work from home, being also a student. This year I plan on doing my bachelor theses on Blockchain or related. Now the thing is I have some spare time from time to time at work, let s say 1 hour/day. I cannot save money from my salary to buy ETN (which I really trust is going to be big) because I need to cover for daily expenses, studies, saving for a new laptop, and so on… Everyone knows the drill. . But I thought maybe I could monetize my time and get hold of this gem, so I started looking for ways of doing mini tasks on my old computer and be paid in ETN. Besides the Miner that brought me about 90 ETN in one month, I do not have many options on actually accumulating this crypto. Will try your site as an entry point into this and depending on how it is going, maybe I will manage to get also my mom to participate. Maybe you have other suggestions on where I could do some work and get paid in ETN. Thank you so much for putting this together. Looking forward to get my picture approved and start putting exploring the possibilities on your site.

I’d love to give it a trier. How do i start?

See above. Also, if you click on Chris you will see the website listed under his details. On the website there is also the same video explaining how it works :slight_smile:
Edit. Starting to learn how the forum works, here you go.

Just a quick update for everyone regarding our draw structure. Over December we’ve changed from multiple small prize draws to group all the revenue generated into one main draw with lucky balls on side everyday.

As always all of our draws are free to enter. Today we’re giving away 400 ETN in the Daily Draw and there’s more chances to win in the lucky balls draw! We’ve also now been verified as an organisation by Yoti, so verification can be completed with Yoti and we also offer Yoti login which is really cool to use.

If you’ve not joined us yet, feel free to come across and create an account. The more users we have, the more revenue we can generate! The more revenue we can generate, the more ETN we can giveaway everyday. We’ve handed out over 50,000 ETN in prizes and we always pay.

Thanks, Chris.

1 Like

Two payments now completed on the blockchain for users Nicholasbatesnz and AlexandreP.

alexandrep

1 Like

Our time zones are so different that I am most of the time unable to join any draw. I guess you have it set so that you have to be online in case anything goes wrong.
After 7,8 times seeing this.
free_etn_central

I just forget about your site and stop coming.

Ah yeah, the timezones! The draws are open for entry from 09:00 to 18:30 GMT. I’m not sure what that is for you? I could possibly make it 06:30 to 20:00 if that would allow you and others to enter.

If not, I appreciate you using the fiat to etn service whilst it was open which helped to support the draws.

I am very bad with figuring out what timezones are. Maybe you can just put what the current time is at the top of your website. All I know is I have to wake up early (4 or 5am) & remember to visit your website in order to use anything.

You know Aironeous, sometimes I’m an idiot! I’ve been thinking, that was a poor response. I’ve not actually sat down and thought through what you’ve just told me.

What I’m going to do is, I’m going to go away and I’m going to think about how I can adapt the draw schedule so that you don’t need to wake up early. I’m sure there are many others like you. Electroneum is a world wide crypto, i need to offer a worldwide service. I’m being stuck in my ways instead of actually listening on this one.

I guess you learn something new everyday!

2 Likes

I’ve now updated the draw opening times. I’ve changed the draws to open at 20:00 GMT and close at 19:00 GMT the following day. This gives users from around the world a 23 hour window in which to make their entry into the draws. I’d like to say thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. It’s something that i wasn’t being very switched on about.

I hope this makes our service considerably more convenient for you and allows you to join in. It will also have a great effect for others in different time zones too!

Thanks, Chris.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m totally willing to put a few Electroneum into the pot like a normal lottery as an entry fee like Electroneum universe does. 1 dollar worth of Electroneum. I can fund my account on your website with say 100 to 1000 Electroneum and enter the various draws. You can have a minimum payout threshold of 50 ETN or something like that.
Again I want to say look at pogo.com and how they have competitive games and accounts and games with ads during break time so you can generate revenue in order to payout the rewards.
Congrats on the Yoti integration.

Hi Aironeous, I really really like the idea of having a paid lottery however I can’t offer any paid services or gambling on the site to due to our advertising network partner policies. I’m interested in running paid lotteries however it’s a bit murky when it comes to the legality of offering that service as it becomes gambling. In the UK there are certain rules and regulations to be followed and licenses to be attained.

I certainly don’t want to fall foul of the law and I’m not sure if there are any loop holes due to the prizes being in crypto etc but as much as i’d love to offer a service like that, I’d have to come to a concrete understanding of the law.

I do really love the idea’s of games, which show ad’s and users could earn a share of that revenue through playing on the site. I totally get where you’re coming from. I do however have to work out how to implement our own games on the site. You can embed some games from portals etc, but they show the portals ad’s not our ad’s.Games are certainly on the cards for the site sometime in the future, I need to be able to get the implementation right. I’m also looking at and android game too.

Being only one person running the whole site, I’ve not got as much time as I’d like to devote a large chunk to implementing games, therefore it’s kind of bits and pieces here and there so I’m making progress towards games and finding a custom solution that works for us. But believe me, i know how valuable an idea that is for user engagement and revenue.

I’m glad to have Yoti integrated into the site. It provides a nice way to verify and the log in feature is really cool! Being a verified organisation with Yoti now really should help users to feel a lot more comfortable with completing verification.

Thanks, Chris

1 Like

You added games! That’s great. Lets see how the beta test goes. You might end up being the pogo.com of Electroneum

Can you please get rid of the Santa? I can’t play the game, I can’t see what I’m doing.

And on my tablet trying it now the Santa animation is making it unplayable as it takes up additional resources. The game is now unresponsive and moving in slow motion.

Santa has now been eliminated! Sorry about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. How is the ad revenue coming along for the games? I’m playing Aqua blitz a lot, I’m at level 70 or something like that.
I can’t login on my tablet… Register>login just refreshes the page. Same thing on my laptop. Contact form is not working either. Candy rain does not work on my tablet. Touching inside the game area acts a scroll to the whole screen instead of an in game touch.
I think your website maybe does not have enough traffic. I’ll try to help a little with that.
I bet if you posted a thread on bitcointalk you’d get more traffic.

Just wanted to come over and say thanks, I’ve won a couple of small prizes so far and hit the jackpot last night with a really nice prize just in time for Christmas. Great site and will let my crypto friends know about it to drive more traffic your way.

1 Like

It did not seem to work for me Bro.