How to import Electroneum from Paper Wallet to Online or Mobile Wallet

Using the Electroneum Mobile App

1. Launch the Electroneum Mobile Wallet on your phone and login.

2. Move to the Wallet tab at the bottom.

3. Tap on Receive button.

4. Tap on Import ETN From Offline Wallet button.

5. Now enter your paper wallet’s public address. The easiest way to do this is to scan the QR code. Tap on Scan Public Wallet QR Code and use the camera on the next screen to scan the QR code on your paper wallet under the heading Public Wallet.

6. The app will insert the public address and move to the next step where you need to enter your paper wallet’s public view key. Click on Scan Private View Key QR Code. Repeat the process as above, scanning the QR code on your paper wallet under the Private View heading (you can even scan it upside down).

7. You’ll need to provide your paper wallet’s Private Spend key. Tap on Scan Private Spend Key QR Code, and repeat the process to scan the QR code on your paper wallet under the Private Spend heading.

8. Review the details of your transfer and click on Confirm and Import to start the import process. Note that the entire contents of your offline wallet will now be imported into your online wallet.

9. Click on Return to Wallet. You’ll be able to see the transaction on the list marked as Pending.

Using the Electroneum Online Wallet Manager

Note that you will need a webcam in order for this to work or type public address and private keys.

1. Go to http://my.electroneum.com/ and log in.

2. Once in the Wallet Manager, click on the blue Import from Offline Wallet button located on the right side under total balance.

3. Provide the public wallet address of your offline wallet. You can type it into the box provided, the easiest way is to scan it with your webcam, click on the Scan QR Code button if you have a webcam.

4. Google Chrome might ask you if you’d like to allow the website to use your camera. Click Allow.

5. Choose the correct camera from the drop-down list. Then hold your paper wallet up to the webcam, making sure the QR code under the Public Wallet heading is shown. Make sure the entire QR code is visible in the view box provided.

6. Click Next after scan.

7. You’ll now need to provide the Private View key of your paper wallet. Repeat the process above by clicking Scan QR Code and scanning the QR code under the Private View heading.

8. Click Next

9. Repeat the process one last time to scan the Private Spend key on your paper wallet. Click Scan QR Code and scanning the QR code under the Private Spend heading. Click Next.

10. Review the details of the import and click on Confirm.

11. Click the blue “Finish” button.

Your transaction will now be sent to the blockchain and you’ll get a success message.
    You’ll be able to see the transaction in the list, marked as Pending.

6 Likes

Are there supposed to be pictures in this post none of them are showing for me… or is it just me?

Edit: there showing now :slight_smile: nice guide thanks for sharing

3 Likes

@Danny Very strange, might have to get mods attention, I cant see them either :joy: Might have to create new images. I made an edit to the title, this might have something to do with it, although I didn’t notice missing pictures at first :thinking:

1 Like

@Danny Thank you very much! I saw your post and immediately updated guide with new images, in case mods couldn’t retrieve old ones back.

@Pete Thank you bossman, There is no problem receiving individual or exchange payments to your paper wallet. If you need to check transactions of your paper wallet check this guide How to check Electroneum Paper Wallet transactions

If someone sends Electroneum to your paper wallet, all they need to do is provide you a transaction ID (TXID) of each time ETN was sent to your paper wallet. Transaction ID (TXID) is safe to share with public.

@RSKNOR Thank you buddy, Im sure your message was image related or similar, thank you :slight_smile:

I am hoping someone can comfort me into not worrying about this…

I imported a offline wallet to my app 3 days ago. Its a VERY large amount of Electroneum coins and according to the app, the transaction is completed, but its not appearing in “available balance” but does show my total amount at the top.

How long will this take to complete and be incldued in my available balance? Also, what makes me worried, is the transaction on the list shows “import from offline wallet 0.00 ETN”

Anyhow, lets hope it fixes itself in a few days.

Does imported paper show inside your total balance and just not in available balance? If so I would not be worried one single bit. I’m not sure how long that will take, you can always raise a ticket here https://support.electroneum.com and ask how long it will take because us normal users would not be able to tell you how long, though it shouldn’t take very long.

Hello,

i made a test paper wallet.
sent a small amount to over.
it was confirmed as sent then.
and i’ve been unable to import.
using the app it failed, not sure y.

any ideas or advice would be good.
as i want to make etn Christmas cards.

Merry Crumbles…

Raise a support ticket here: https://support.electroneum.com

1 Like

Do I need a txid when sending from web wallet to CLI?

no you don’t need to

1 Like

Hmm sent a test amount to a newly created wallet. Had 600 confirmations when I checked the other day. And I see it in CLI as a transfer but days later balance is zero.

So I found this fix in a random comment on etn github. Followed the guide and fixed the issue.

https://www.downloadsource.net/how-to-fix-electroneum-etn-wallet-showing-0-balance/n/11022/

Edit:

Actually found a similar one on etn101.

1 Like

I have not encountered this issue yet. Are you all good to go now?

It appears article has you create/generate new wallet data by submitting private keys several times if needed in order to fix 0 balance issue.

Our CLI guides text and video should also have instructions on how to open/create wallet with private keys.

1 Like

Is there a way to send not all of your etn on paper wallet to the app wallet? Or anywhere else like an exchange or another paper Wallet? The paper wallet has a spend key included so I figure that would work… But is it only for all of it? I don’t want to take all of my etn out… Just a little

1 Like

@MyKLoveNOTwar Simple answer is no, all of Electroneum is imported from paper wallet into mobile wallet.

Only our Mobile App and Electroneum CLI are capable of reading our paper wallet keys.
Paper wallet would have to be imported to mobile app, or opened with our CLI wallet in order for you to send Electroneum out to an exchange.

You may reuse your paper wallet, to send some Electroneum back to your paper wallet after import. Just be sure no one has your paper wallet private keys.

If you would like more control over your paper wallet, you may open your paper wallet with Electroneum CLI to view and send out balance as needed. Once you open your paper wallet with Electroneum CLI, your Electroneum address or private keys do not change. You can view our CLI guide here:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it wouldn’t have been so restrictive considering you haven’t been able to accept my govt issued id for the kyc. I’ve had a node downloaded and been able to check my wallet balance just fine. I hadn’t looked into it enough to find out how to get etn off the paper.

1 Like

If you are able to operate a node, you are golden. Sending out Electroneum from node is rather very easy, just be sure to have sending address copied in a notepad on your computer that you are using node on, so its easier to copy and paste address. I also set that particular notepad with address to Read-Only that way it does not mistakenly get altered upon opening multiple times.

Our CLI guide has commands used to send out and show balance once you’ve opened wallet with node. Check Sending Electroneum section of our CLI guide. I’ve updated table of contents, navigating should be a little easier now.

As far as your KYC issue, we need to give Electroneum development team some time,… I could go all day talking about what has been already released and how complicated some of these updates have been.

ETN is fairly new and progressing exponentially with updates. It will take time to fine tune KYC process, but am very thankful you are able to operate a node.

A node is your number one friend when it comes to cryptocurrency wallet. The better you know how to use it, the more resourceful you will be in the long run.

2 Likes

i have the same problem.

havent touched my paper wallet since 2017, it had a large amount of etn. transaction is done and the balance is zero. weird. how do i recover my etn from 2017 :?"

Good morning…

Send it again. This is because of the last update to aurora. Nothing to worry about just needs to migrate to the new chain, so sending it again will fix that.

If it doesnt work, create a single ticket at

https://support.electroneum.com/hc/en-gb and the team will look into it for you, but im sure it will be fine.

Cheers p

1 Like