How to complete KYC when YOTI doesn't accept your country

1. Please open https://my.electroneum.com -> go to settings -> my profile

2. Open Yoti and scan the QR code on your screen

3. Enter the information Yoti requires from you

4. Upload ID to our system and our team will go and verify these documents.

Other means for verification

If Yoti is not accepted; how can people proceed with step 2?

Please clarify because the title and post are confusing.

Yoti will not upload the ID for you, but you can add basic information no matter what country you are in.

I hope this helps to clarify.

how do IOS users do this? how do we do this if we don’t want to install the app on our phones because we have large amounts of etn in our web wallets? how cn we do kyc if we only want to use the web wallet and not the app for security reasons.

but the probleme yoti dont accet to install in our country im from algeria its not available in our country im very stressed by this option i just contact them and they told me not available so like this we cant open yoti and scan the QR code on our screen of electroneum
pls try to find some solution about this probleme because some people from the third world cant do it

You don’t need to use the ETN app, you just need to use the Yoti app.

yes yes i know
the probleme is when i open google play and search yoti i cant find it
second when i enter to yoti from them site i click on goggle play they apear that yoti not available in my coutry so i cant downlod yoti app
this is the probleme

We’ve been speaking to Yoti, and we’re trying to get the App into the playstore for countries like Algeria.

ok thank you rachel for this news and pls if there are some news about this probleme tell me im very stressed by this probleme

The Yoti app will not let individuals from certain countries input their address manually until October 2018 which creates short term issues like being unable to proceed with scanning the QR code - because the address part is required when Yoti scans the qr code within my.electroneum.com.

Though I was playing around with their app and changing my country to some of the countries in the list enables manual entry so they may have already started implementing the process.

Please see their post and the part about Oct 2018: https://yoti.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005526849-Can-I-add-my-postal-address-to-my-Yoti-

From October 2018, these will be the countries where we will accept manually entered addresses:

Algeria, Albania, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, British Overseas Territories*, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Chile, China**, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of Korea, România, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States ***, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam.

*British Overseas Territories: Anguilla, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Jersey, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Montserrat, St. Helena, Turks & Caicos Islands, British Virgin Islands

** Includes Macau and Hong Kong

These people can upload their information onto our system.

Some individuals mentioned that it can be done under Settings -> Your Profile, however, I cannot find an upload tab/portal.
Screenshot attached - Am I looking for for the upload portal at the wrong place?

You need to scan the qr code first.

That part is fairly obvious - This is where the roadblock occurs. Yoti needs an address, however, I cannot add address manually. In my case (Thailand), I have uploaded all three forms of ID and all have been approved except Yoti cannot add my address because it is not in my passport or drivers license. The national id has an address in Thai. However, please notice the difference if I were to switch my country to Singapore for example, I can input address manually.

Does this help clarify the problem?

thank you rachel and for all the team of electroneum to day i find that yoti app is available to my country (algeria) i just downlod it and i will verifie my acount soon thank you so much rachel

What about Iran?
There is not in any list!!

how can we do that? Kindly show me

We have the same issue for the Czech Republic. The passport is the only accepted document but it does not include an address. So we are in a spiral :grinning:
We need a solution like Singapore (and some others) - can input address manually.

Message from Yoti:

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Yoti.

You are right, at this time you cannot add your address manually for Czech Republic like Singapore after scanning your Passport. However the good news is, you’re going to be able to do this on our next October release.

You can find the list here, with the countries we will accept manually added addresses.

YOTI address problem

Where precisely can i upload my ID to the system for verification