Historical basis for Electroneum

PLEASE LIKE, VOTE . THANK YOU
the more people who know this the better

I recently got into a discussion with a guy on Telegram about what he saw was the failing direction the Electroneum team were taking. He complained, as so many do, about the amount of focus etn were directing at Africa and Brazil. Giving all the free value to people over sea’s blah blah blah.
I wrote him the following reply with the hope that just saving one soul would somehow help his future online mutterings change from negative to positive; spreading out like ripples on a pond.
He had a few good points, but ultimately it came down to his investment, like so many others, being worth less now than it was when he bought it. His whole argument was about profit.
I replied with this. Enjoy.

"I think you have made some very good points in your statement. Everyone is trying to make money. And there in lies the problem. When whoever made bitcoin, I definitely don’t believe his or her main incentive was to make money. It was to build something surely? To challenge the strangle hold the financial institutions held over billions of people, and even with this groundbreaking idea it took 7 years to go from creation to peak value,( so far).

ETN are a lot smarter than most of the investors have any idea about.
Their true genius is based partly on the history of mobile phone use in Africa.

The Nokia 1100 is the most popular phone in the world. It is not only a lot more resistant, than any smart phone, it also uses a simple menu system, has few separate parts and every town across the developing world has a local repair shop with spare parts to fix or charge them. These “dumb phones”, as they are known, changed the financial situation for millions of people because of one small change, ( Developed by VODAFONE ) and introduced by a company called safaricom.
The system they created was called M-pesa.
countries such as Kenya have been using M-Pesa since 2007, where users can transfer money via SMS messages and short codes. No apps or smartphones are necessary , just a phone number, an amount, and a code.
Within 9 years nearly 30% of the whole country’s GDP flowed through this system as people gave up on cash and used M-pesa to send money to the home villages, and buy everything they needed from the local shops and markets.
Let me just repeat that,
30% of GDP of the entire country of Kenya!
How much do you think they spent on advertising to get this system adopted?
Massive Facebook campaigns?
#nokiapaymentsystem?
Massive email drops?
None of this was an option. It was functionality and word of mouth.
Africa is the largest growing mobile phone market on the planet, And Richard ells knew this, and the history of using phones as a system of payment.
ETN is creating the 2nd wave of this incredible change for the growing smartphone markets in developing countries.
Not only is ETN recreating this payment system for the modern phones in developing countries, he’s creating a alternative reliable working system for everyone with a smart phone.
Everyone.
You may not like the media and advertising strategy at the moment but that’s because it’s not aimed at you, it’s aimed at an enormous group who can use it as a real life, everyday currency right now.
And it’s definitely not because it’s trying to make ETN HODL-ERS rich, at least, not yet.
It’s disrupting the system. Hell, it’s creating a new one!
The only reason ETN exists in its current state is because of the amount they gave away. And because of who they are giving it to.
Once they have an entire system up and running, in multiple countries, they will have a lean, polished functional and transferable example of a modern financial system for the people of every corner of the world that has an Internet signal. ( seen any reports about Google or Facebook trying to design flying devices to beam Internet signals to remote places on earth? Yeah, there have been quite a few)
So, go sell your ETN, tell everyone you just don’t believe anymore, but just think about what this means to the people who are getting the most out of ETN now, and what that could translate into across the planet"

1 Like

bravo bravo bravo …

4 Likes

This is all well said and truth right, but you have to remember there is a BIG competition going on at the moment, ETN is not only one project that is interested in unbaked people all over the world! there are many even more powerful eyes turned into this direction and this is play for time who first wins the race, will it be Electroneum :question:

1 Like

There is another option besides sell, which I’m going to choose, that is stop investing until I see ETN ecosystem start making money on its own, and not as so far solely rely on investors! it’s time to get up and walk on your own feet :wink:

1 Like

First of all, I welcome you to our community :+1: , I see you have joined us just
7 hours ago and this post is yours first one, quite a good one, and I must admit you have knowledge of African countries so can you tell us little more about yourself? Since when you follow the ETN, how did you learn about the project and more :grin:

“Africa is the largest growing mobile phone market on the planet, And Richard ells knew this, and the history of using phones as a system of payment.”

Do you know Richard Ells in person so you have this kind of information :question::thinking:

3 Likes

another option is that you buy now that much etn that your average price goes very close to the present price then stop buying. so after this whenever the price goes up you are in green. this supposes that the price doesn’t go lower than it is now:)

3 Likes

Right, My investment is fortunately not that bad so 0,007$ will make me green, so I prefer to stop and see when wheels are truly turning in ETNs ecosystem. :sunglasses:

I’ll be green at $0.009 and no money right now to buy more. but I’m mining on PC and mobile 35 etn/day. my stash is slowly increasing

1 Like

Who would truly know Historical basis, an idea, the genesis for Electroneum if not the founder :question:

1 Like

And yes imagine what will happen when investors will not see a price-wise progress till the end of this year, to which they have particularly high hopes to see, at last some gains this year as they were promised so much recently :interrobang: Yes most likely as you said they will sell :open_mouth:

What a good read, you are nailing it

4 Likes

That is incorrect…!!..NOBODY has Promised Anybody anything in regards to price…Never…!

2 Likes

true, the competition is definitely picking up, but as far as i can see Electroneum was the first and in my opinion has the best chance for success. we keep hearing about the Libra project, but we also keep hearing about all the opposition it is receiving. the regulations in europe will be a huge hurdle for them. Electroneum has also done so much of the legwork already. plus they have so much more to offer than just access to a bank account alternative

3 Likes

i have heard all my life that if you do what you love, what you are truly passionate about, then success is much more likely to follow.
warren buffet does not invest money to make money. you can see this by the way he lives, in a modest house, with an old car and reasonably prices suits. He is truly passionate about doing business for the sake of doing business.
I believe Richard Ells is one of those people. he seems so passionate about building a system to help the unbanked and underprivileged of the world that he is much more likely to succeed at making a successful business

2 Likes

i didn’t mean this to come across as an instruction, more of a challenge to those who no longer believe. i can picture someone saying something similar to an investor holding Bitcoin 2 years after launch.

2 Likes

That is correct Brendan, NOBODY has Promised Anybody to become reach, but the reality is people take that differently as the majority is focused only on price looking for instant grativication, so what would they think after reading this message from Oliver :question: This is only one quote but there was more as you know :wink:

Q. ETN is not partnering with more MVNO’s just third parties & that is why we are not
seeing any growth via Cloud Miner, it is just a unknown 3 party retailer. The other
20 counties will done with this way all while people are thinking we are getting real
partnerships.

A. I understand your skepticisim. We all want to see immediate results. You will be
surprised very soon to see huge deals with major corporations, including huge
MNOs. I just ask you to be patient. Do not lose faith. I am a journalist, first and
foremost, and have never lied
It has not been an easy road. But believe me, we will get to where we have set to
be and that is mass adoption that can only happen through major deals. Our recent
fork (8 July) was about that and you have to give it time. Good solid things do not
happen overnight.
We are taking the proof of concept approach. And it is working, believe me. We
have turned some major eyes our way. But even just the legal stuff, the contracts,
the wording, takes time but we are very close to surprising the hell out of the crypto
industry.

2 Likes

This to me is the most important bit…!!Especially surprising the hell OUT OF THE CRYPTO INDUSTRY…!!

4 Likes

i am laughing. you’re absolutely right, only Richard Ells knows the truth about Electroneums origin. But i can guarantee he knew about M-Pesa from the beginning. its been no secret in the mobile industry that the system existed.

4 Likes

Don’t forget about the Highly skilled and long time Mobile Entrepreneur Sir Chris Gorman OBE and his Expertise the the mobile industry…:thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

We have such wonderful basics, foundation all right, but look what a devilish volume is now $ 66,666 :rofl::joy:

1 Like