After noticing over on the badges page that you can get 2 badges for completing a new user tutorial as well as an advanced user tutorial, I set out to look for these tutorials. But no matter where I looked, I couldn’t find them!
It was only after looking through other people’s posts and deciphering several messages that I figured out how it works.
Hence this guide to prevent someone else from having the same problem.
New User Tutorial
- Click your name in the top right corner, and then click on the Messages icon in the top right of the popup box.
- On the Messages page, click on the blue button that says New Message.
- In the “add a user” box, type
@ETNbotto send a message to the Electroneum bot. Type anything in the subject and message boxes (and make sure the messages is more than 20 characters, or you’ll get an error).
- The bot will reply with a message about help. Reply back to him and type the following:
@ETNbot start new user
- The bot will then write back and guide you through the tutorial. Follow along until the tutorial is completed.
Note: If you get stuck on the flagging-a-post part, just type skip to carry on. Thanks for @BegaMutex for pointing this out.
Advanced User Tutorial
After completing the new user tutorial, you can also complete the advanced user tutorial by replying with:
@ETNbot start advanced user
You should get a little certificate after completing each tutorial, as well as the associated badges!