Here's how to get your tutorial badges

After noticing over on the badges page that you can get 2 badges for completing a new user tutorial as well as an advanced user tutorial, I set out to look for these tutorials. But no matter where I looked, I couldn’t find them!

It was only after looking through other people’s posts and deciphering several messages that I figured out how it works.

Hence this guide to prevent someone else from having the same problem.

New User Tutorial

1. Click your name in the top right corner, and then click on the Messages icon in the top right of the popup box.
  2. On the Messages page, click on the blue button that says New Message.
  3. In the “add a user” box, type @ETNbot to send a message to the Electroneum bot. Type anything in the subject and message boxes (and make sure the messages is more than 20 characters, or you’ll get an error).
  4. The bot will reply with a message about help. Reply back to him and type the following: @ETNbot start new user
  5. The bot will then write back and guide you through the tutorial. Follow along until the tutorial is completed.

Note: If you get stuck on the flagging-a-post part, just type skip to carry on. Thanks for @BegaMutex for pointing this out.

Advanced User Tutorial

After completing the new user tutorial, you can also complete the advanced user tutorial by replying with: @ETNbot start advanced user

You should get a little certificate after completing each tutorial, as well as the associated badges!

certificate-new-user

certificate-advanced-user

Nice tutorial Benjamin, thank you for this! Just completed them myself and I am now licensed :wink:

1 Like

Great thank you for your help.

Thank for the tutorial @benjaminoo i think it will help a lot of new people :sunglasses:

1 Like

How did you get the Advanced before the New User?

No idea! :grinning: I think you just have to complete each one. Doesn’t matter in which order.

Oh…well thanks to this help section I got both of mine done no problem. Thank you.

Wow, thank you!! I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Baked, Put a Fork in it and DONE!

1 Like

Nice to see that we have 5 new advanced users congrats :wink:

2 Likes

Praise the lord for this post, wouldn’t have had a clue otherwise. Maybe why the numbers are so low?

@ETNbot start advanced user

2 Likes

Do it in a private message buddy!

2 Likes

Thank you :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community Forum! :wave::+1:

3 Likes