First Electroneum Instant Payments Woocommerce integration

Amazing work :D.
I would love to try the code out beta style. I’m just setting up my woocomerce site so I’m not overly fussed if it bricks as I can just restart the site.

3 Likes

Well the issue isn’t so much that it would “break the site”, but there are some issues that need ironing out still. E.g. the plugin iteration that @benjaminoo put up is in some sense hooked up the “wrong” way to the woocommerce cart and as such it will throw up a number of issues, esp. if/when trying to manage larger volumes. So there’s obviously room for improvement—which is only to be expected at this stage—and no doubt the plugin (or various versions of it) will keep on improving both in terms of the code but also in terms of customer experience…

Hopefully eventually there will be an official plugin(?), as is done by the likes of Stripe and Paypal! That way everyone can install it with confidence, knowing that there’s official backup should there be any issues, etc.

3 Likes

how do I connect this to my woocommers eCommerce site

3 Likes
3 Likes

All download files and installation instructions are available here: https://github.com/benjaminoo/electroneum-instant-payments-woocommerce

3 Likes

Beat ya to it! Awesome plugin and guide, you are amazing :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out @Peter_DIR and for clarifying the problems further.

I have now updated the project to implement new order flows and features. The changes are live on Github and a live demo is available on Electroneum101.com.

Changes include:

1. As suggested by @ETNCEO, payment status is now checked in the background using AJAX, so the user does not need to refresh the page or click “I’ve made the payment” button. The page will now refresh automatically and display a success message immediately after payment has been made. This is much more user-friendly and visually appealing.
  2. An improved order flow has been introduced as suggested by @Peter_DIR above, in which orders don’t get “triggered” and the cart doesn’t get emptied until payment has been made. Previously, payment instructions were displayed on the “thank-you” page after the order was created. In the new version, payment takes place on a new custom payment page (unique to the plugin) which is integrated into Woocommerce in such a way that orders don’t get triggered and carts don’t get emptied until payment is complete. This allows customers to come back at a later stage to view the original contents of their cart and process payment. It also improves customer experience in terms of order emails received.

Please feel free to install it on your site and test it out. Installation instructions are available on the Github. I’m open to any other suggestions you might have.

5 Likes

Works great, I just tested it and purchased myself another ETN logo :wink:

4 Likes

Brilliant stuff, Benjamin! :+1::+1: You’re fast! :wink:
Will have a look at it later on—sounds great!

1 Like

Hi,
I have done it. I uploaded it into my WordPress sit but its not showing on the list if the installed plugins. What should I do?

I have successfully installed the Electroneum woocommerce gateway. However I encountered a little issue. While checking in out with ETN instant payment I got this response below:

" Fatal error : Uncaught Electroneum\Vendor\Exception\VendorException: [0]: Unknown currency thrown in /home/eventbri/public_html/wp-content/plugins/electroneum-ips-gateway/include/vendor/Vendor.php on line 145"

I’m in Nigeria and my selected woocommerce currency is Naira (NGN). Does it mean I can’t use the API yet, or is there a solution for this?

Thanks

4 Likes

great improvement… it is more appealing now

3 Likes

Did you put the folder in the wp-content/plugins directory? Do you have woocommerce installed and activated?

1 Like

Awesome work - now i WISH that this payment method choose every ESHOP at the PLANET and we can using ETN GLOBALY everyday :wink:
Maybe some day - who knows…

1 Like

Hi @Q1kfingers,

Currently, the NGN currency is not supported for live exchange rates as per our API doc:
community.electroneum.com/t/using-the-etn-instant-payment-api/121

I will record this request and will update the above link if we have an update.

Thanks.

Egg

5 Likes

@Egg We need to have all currencies included and Nigeria is big country with amazing potential, also Kenya… and add more translation and make update of the app ASAP best till the end of the September :wink: Thanks

Thanks @benjaminoo, I’ve managed to integrate it into my website and had a few friends test it out.
Amazing work and super easy integration :smiley:

Visit etnmegastore co uk

4 Likes

Okay thanks for the info. I hope NGN gets included soonest.

Thanks for integrating! It’s truly an honor to see people using the plugin already…

One thing, though, I see you’re still using the first version. Please upgrade to version 1.1.0, which checks for payments in the background and handles order flow much better.

Simply deactivate and delete the plugin on your site as it is now, and then upload the new zip file, install, and activate.

I’m working on getting the plugin in the Wordpress plugin directory, which should make updating much more seamless.

5 Likes

Just spotted your order :smiley: haha
Must have just missed the new release but got it in pretty quick. I wasn’t expecting it to remember my api details, pretty nifty :+1:
So with it checking for the payment, is that using the 1-2 second callback rather than having to press the “I’ve Made the Payment” button?
And I’m really happy to test this as I’m a huge fan of ETN and when I spotted this :open_mouth: I had to get involved.
Again, Amazing Work :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes