Exciting news! Just completed the first Electroneum Instant Payments Woocommerce integration and tested it successfully over at Electroneum101.com.
Please help me test it out some more! Note that both the instant payment system and the Woocommerce plugin are still in beta so you might get some errors along the way. Please send me a message or reply to this thread with the error, and I’ll do my best to sort it out.
Instructions for Testing
As a first test, I’m selling a very simple product - a downloadable high-resolution Electroneum logo wallpaper for $0.05, or about 10 ETN currently. Here are the steps:
- Go to https://electroneum101.com/shop/
- Add the wallpaper to your cart, and click View Cart.
- Confirm your cart contents and proceed to checkout.
- Fill in your details and be sure to choose the Electroneum Instant Payments as the payment option.
- You will see an amount converted to ETN in real time as well as a QR code on the next screen. Either scan the QR code with your device or click on it to open the app (on mobile) or the web wallet manager (on desktop). Confirm the transaction and enter your PIN to complete the payment.
- Return to the checkout screen and press “I’ve made the payment”. The page will reload and you should see a confirmation message and a link to download the wallpaper.
You should also receive confirmation emails throughout the process.
I’ve taken some screenshots to show you the entire process for those who don’t want to test it out themselves.
Cart page, showing the logo added to the cart:
Checkout page, with the option to choose Electroneum Instant Payments as a payment method:
Payment page, with a unique QR code to proceed with payment:
After scanning the QR code, you are directed to this screen inside the app where you can complete your payment:
Payment confirmation page, with a confirmation message and a download link:
Currently, the plugin only checks for payment by polling ETN’s servers on reload of the checkout page (i.e. the page on which the QR code is displayed). I am hard at work implementing a callback method that will confirm the payment in the background and send confirmation emails even before the customer returns to press the “I’ve made the payment” button.
The plugin is ready for distribution and can be installed on any Wordpress site that runs a Woocommerce shop. However, it is not thoroughly tested yet, and I don’t want to be responsible for breaking someone else’s website with a faulty piece of code. If you still want to take the chance, let me know and I’ll gladly share the files with you.
Your feedback will be highly appreciated!