Facebook scammers

Hey, not a great topic i know,but something needs to be done to stop the constant scamming on every Electroneum FB post.
As soon as they’re removed, others appear. There’s no doubt some people are still falling for this.

I see no option but to disable commenting on official Electroneum FB posts.
It sucks, but needs sorting

Any thoughts?

People who are really interested shouldn’t be on Twitter and Facebook in the first place, but here.
They can learn a lot on this forum, but instead they fall for the social media crap.

1 Like

But often people do head to facebook when they want to check something out, Electroneum regularly post there.

Ok, for the moment. But we have to touch the social media with a ten foot pole in the future, as these platforms can’t be properly controlled and can ruin a project in no time. I am quite sure those ETH giveaways are responsible for making the Ether price go down too, at least way more than it should have.
The same thing with exchanges.

1 Like

If the facebook page isn’t intended as a place for discussion, comments should be disabled IMO.

Or stop posting on FB completely and direct new people straight to here.

2 Likes

Watch this episode and see the dark side of facbook

@Rach @ETNCEO as the user numbers grow the scam on Facebook can pose reputation loss to etn ltd. Could you please add a footer to each of your posts to warn people of scams and the way how to check that a comment comes from the real etn team. For example:

“If you see a comment from the Electroneum team always check whether it is from the real etn team by clicking the commenter’s icon and see it goes to the real etn team’s page having the same posts, same comments, lots of followers and the page was created in 2017. Facebook doesn’t prevent the creation of pages with the same name!”

These posts are eye opening, especially when you look at the supportive replies they receive from previous unknown fake bot accounts, proving Facebook has a large amount of fake accounts. I wouldn’t be surprised if half of the accounts are fake.

That being said there is a method provided to deal with these.

each member has the ability (and responsibility) to report these spam posts

it’s easy and takes little time and effort. Click on the post or reply and select report as spam. Complete the short process and bam you picked up and threw away some social media litter you found in your travels. If everyone did this the issue would be resolved quickly.

1 Like

no use. I reported all of them and nothing happens. otherwise the bots are easy to discover. all those accounts are recently created pages i e. not normal profiles

I’ve seen a good portion of the posts removed, there’s also quite a few replies ( I sent xxxx and got xxxxx, thank you so much…) that come from accounts that are older and appear to be real people, possibly hacked accounts I dunno.

they stole 500000 etn, what can I do?

Totally agree.
Disable commenting should be disable also on a the announcements to stop all the FUD

1 Like