Explain ETN in 1 or 3 sentences?

Hey Everyone,

First off, Happy New Year to everyone as we begin 2019! Exciting times ahead.

So if someone who knows nothing about Crypto asked you what is Electroneum? Could you explain it with a 1 a liner? Then if they wanted more information, could you give a better explanation in 3 sentences?

I was out drinking for the holidays and my cousin asked me what Electroneum was. You don’t need much to get me started, especially after a few drinks, so I started to break it down for him and I realized that I lost him after my 3rd sentence. (granted I was tipsy and to my excitement of the question and I was jumping all over the place from Crypto for the unbanked, to gig economy, and the only project that embraces regulation & KYC. ect.)

So this got me thinking, what is the best way to explain ETN to someone in 1 sentence, and then in 3 sentences. Curious to how you all would do it.

Here is mine (well actually it was partially inspired from @BegaMutex on telegram)

ETN in 1 sentence
Electroneum is like Paypal in a mobile app that can be used to send money to anyone in the world, even people without a bank account.

ETN in 3 sentences
Electroneum is like Paypal in a mobile app that can be used to send money to anyone in the world, even people without a bank account. The App gives you free money in the form of ETN (like bitcoin) for using it and it can be used for any digital service or product sold online that accepts it. It is a mobile payment solution that can be used by anyone with a cell phone anywhere in the world, including 3rd world countries.

I’m thinking collectively we can find what is the best way to describe Electroneum in a few sentences to anyone and easily spread the word of this great project in 2019!

Electroneum is a digital currency that bridges the gap between every user in the world with small transaction fees.

Electroneum is a digital currency that bridges the gap between every user in the world with small transaction fees. Electroneums seeks mass adoption using a mobile app/wallet that gives you Electroneum for mobile mining. Electroneum has a instant payment system and is kyc/aml compliant that can be integrated in many ways from mobile operators to online shops to your mom and dad’s store anywhere in the world.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if my 3 sentence is a run on… Haha

4 Likes

Hey,

I must say I to after a couple of drinks have spoken or been asked about Electroneum. I have to say I have got several people interested. But they can be bamboozled by the magnitude of what one can say! (as Electroneum are doing so much at once!!!)

I like your 1 + 3 Sentence summaries. Much more simplified :smiley:

Mine would be :

Electroneum is a new digital currency that allows instant payments to anyone, anywhere.

Electroneum is a new digital currency that allows instant payments to anyone, anywhere. Unlike the archaic banking system Electroneum (ETN) is fully mobile orientated. Downloading the app by anyone on a smart phone - free currency is provided and can be integrated online or into your phone wallet by a simple QR code.

6 Likes
  1. ETN is.

2. ETN is a universal digital currency that can be earned, recieved, and sent through a secure mobile phone wallet. It has a fixed maximum supply and is available to anyone with a smart phone. The currency is supported by Electroneum LTD whose goal is to use ETN to offer a world of financial opportunities to people who have little opportunity due to their lack of banking systems.

5 Likes

@xterest
In all fairness I think its really difficult to describe
Electroneum in just three sentences.
I really really try not to rant when I Am explaining it to someone new to crypto.
I find myself explaining crypto on the whole.
I keep it short and sweet on twitter…but I cant put all of the wonderful facets of this project into a mere three sentences.
Id need at least 200 words!!
:heart::heart:

4 Likes

Haha. Got to think of it like an elevator pitch. You got 1 minute to present, how would you say it to gain the other person’s interest?

3 Likes

@xterest @chris.gorman
You got all my pitches…

1 Like

ETN is like using any other payment method but it is on your phone.

3 Likes

Loving this thread

4 Likes

What are your 1 and 3 sentence explanations of Electroneum @chris.gorman ? :grinning:

2 Likes
  • Electroneum is a legal payment method with no greedy banks

1- Electroneum is the next level of blockchain and makes Bitcoin obsolete. 2 It is design according to regulation KYC/AML and all the other important words the banks use.3 it is designed to change the world with the use of the mobile phone like Facebook did and you save money.

2 Likes

ETN is the future of instant payments a bit like your debit card but using your mobile phone.

ETN is the future of instant payments about like your debit card but using your mobile phone. Recognised as Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering compliant so you know everything is above board. It has grown faster than Facebook did, do you realise how significant that is for a new Financial Technology company, why not ask more if you’re interested?

How’s that?

3 Likes

I’m not sure if you could use another payment solution’s name as a company, not sure that would be fair use but if it was on an individual basis, person to person I think it’s fine.

1- Electroneum to me is like the Venmo of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and they give you a little bit free everyday just for using the app.

3- It’s a cryptocurrency but they made it easy to use like Venmo. You send it phone to phone or phone to business, you buy things with it. They give you a little bit free everyday just for using the app.

3 Likes

@xterest -You challenged me.I accept!!

A rapidly growing cryptocurrency Ecosystem.
Based on the mobile network ,fuelled by “Electroneum.”

A P2P/B2B cross border instant payment network with bonus mining airdrop.

Patent Pending- KYC/AML compliant.

:heart:Electroneum :heart:

2 Likes

@xterest, I really like your ETN in one sentence. In Norway we have a highly adapted PayPal-like app called Vipps, but you’ll need a norwegian bank account / debet VISA to use it. 3 million people in Norway are using it: https://github.com/vippsas

Electroneum is like Vipps, but you can send money to anyone in the world, even people without a bank account.

Is it even possible to dumb it down to One Word ? :wink:

OneWord

3 Likes

Revolutionary :zap: inclusive :zap: all-inclusive :zap: comprehensive :zap: comprehensible :zap:future :zap: that’s all I got for now haha :+1:

3 Likes

@PrestoCrypto

I feel you have asked the @ ETN forum bot for the answer.?

3 Likes

Actually I said " okay g**gle, what is Electroneum?"
JUST KIDDING I have thought before of how to explain it short and sweet its kind of a mind teaser!

2 Likes

i just tried “okay Google” what is Electroneum ?after saying that. :+1:

1 Like