ETN PRICE - It Needs To Go Up!

I thought the 5 ps are profit profit profit profit and profit?

No, until profit, we need smart thinking. That will come also, but you have to build the base. If you have a strong base, you can build wonderful things on it. If the base is flimsy, just for the sake of having it, the project will be destined to disaster.
I am confident, because I see how ETN is led and thus I have no problem in believing that all these ideas they want to implement (which are impossible to reach for other projects), are indeed tangible.

1 Like

The dynamics are different than that of 2017. I am no fudster, nor am I an expert with crypto. So my thoughts might be flawed, but it’s the way I’ve been understanding things lately. We have a situation of millions of ETN being dumped on the exchanges to sell. If not all of it is bought that day, it accumulates. There are 10 million ETN sell walls just on Cryptopia alone that seems permanent. That 10 million is literally about 80% of BTC’s current overall circulating supply. That’s ALOT of crypto being dumped as if it’s an endless amount.

-ETN mining. ETN was not being as heavily mined back in 2017 early 2018. It seemed to me, once ETN was listed on more exchanges and people started GPU mining, more was getting dumped to the exchanges, prices started dropping. Then came along ASICs to make it even worse. They use less electricity than the GPU mining rigs, so across the board with all crytpos that are being ASIC mined, the ones that are dumping to the market can do so at a lower price since their cost of electricity is lower.

-New tax laws within the US. Those new laws say that if someone wants to daytrade with cryptos, or sell crypto for crypto at a profit, they are going to owe taxes. Although obviously a lot of people (especially teenagers) completely ignore these laws or are unaware, a lot of people involved in cryptos in the US stopped their daytrading activities.

-Future contracts for Bitcoin from the Wall Street side. These future contracts for the most part have bidded Bitcoin to lower prices, not higher. Although they are just contracts or “bets”, I’m not sure of the mechanism, but it can affect the price of BTC up or down. In 2018, it’s always been down.

-The mainstream media hype is no longer there like it was in 2016/2017. This triggered people, even people who knew never heard of BTC, go get into it. This pumped BTC like a balloon. A lot of those people might have quit buying or sold. The buying isn’t there like it was.

Good analysis there but to a point and show many misconceptions. First the amount of coins emitted does not change with increase computer power into the network as it stay constant what has changed is that ascis miners are more likely to dump their coin as soon as it is mined (but as big a cult as we are we have etn hard code fans who are buying the ascis and supporting the network). 2018/19 bull run if it ever happens (of coz a big if ) will not be retail driven (as you rightly pointed out that those entered late last year would likely have exited the market completely) but institutional driven. The financial institutions need the price to be as low as possible before they enter (as they need to make the first bulk of the money looking after their own pocket first) beside it is a lot easier to sell a product when you can say there is a potential to 40 times rather than it already had gone up 40 times but we think it is going to go higher. The only thing I am 100% agree with is the bitcoin future contract as it is a lot easier to short Btc this is what most people are doing and that’s why you are seeing the narrow channel between the mid 7000 to the high 5000 play out in the last few months (as they eventually have to close their positions therefore buying occurred). This will slow down the growth in price of Btc as you earn just as much if not more if you can gain 20% every 2 weeks and a easier way to control the market as your average retail customer is not going to sell within this narrow band.

Hi,

I read a few of the comments but would like to raise a different perspective. Let’s say ETN gets 100m users by partnership and growth in developing countries.

Lets assume 10% decide to buy ETN for $10 a month by subscription model due to the fact that the use it daily.

I’ll leave the math to you guys.

In my opinion you’re hopeful on a pump situation, where your investment will increase. So you’re looking to make money. Offcourse, everybody wants ROI, but this cryptocurrency does not intend to make rich people richer. The thing is that we’re talking about an enablement currency. With ETN it’s possible to connect the unbanked with the banked. This is huge, and has nothing to do with getting rich and get the price up. If it’s up to me I would rather go away from exchanges instead of attracting them. Just my 2 cents.

Just like fiat/forex, there has to be a legit exchange were you can to trades. It will continue to exist with cryptocurrencies also. Electroneum solves the spending problem thou.

Correct. You’re right. Do you think existing exchanges are here to do exactly that? I’ve got the feeling that most people who are screaming for a listing on “big” exchanges are looking for a price increase.

I’ll have to start to say that I didn’t read the full thread, when commenting.

I do believe there has to be competition in this market with volume on multiple exchanges. But I do not think more exchanges will automatically increase the value of the ETNBTC or ETNUSD pair.

Trade increases value, so if ETN can be used in real life, then value will grow organically. And Electroneum are giving away ETN every day for this purpose, to everyone, everywhere.

The goal should be to raise partnership with exchanges and banks that can supply products and solutions which fits Electroneum’s eco system.

Everything from fiat transfers/debit cards etc etc.

I like that math and this makes pure sense. I hope to God this is exactly what happens bc the ETN price will rise, rise and rise again.

Well, there has to be subscription model supplied by Electroneum in the app of course, which involves the exchanges.

But let’s just assume that the need for ETN is high enough for X amount of people buys Y amount of ETN every month because it’s so convenient and safe to use the app for transfers and payments.

The spending of “my precious ETN coin” shouldn’t be a problem if you see it like this.

You owe your friend. $1000.

1. You can keep you ETN and send the person $1000 with Western Union using your cash. This does not increase trade.

2. You can send it as ETN from your wallet, and use your $1000 to by ETN from an exchange to restore it’s value.Your friend now will have to use the ETN for buying goods or services or settle a debt, alternatively exchange it for fiat. This increases trade.

2 Likes

Lol.
Of course 90% of the people invested to become “rich”.
What ur saying has no sense. Just send an old man to a shop and make him pay 0.005 etn for a gum. Lmao.
No hate but this kind of comments are funny as hell.
No need of exchanges? I would like to see ur reaction when etn will have 0 trade volume. U think the miner is everything? Ur wrong.
Etn needs to be anywhere from 1-5 . Thats its price. Not 2000/coin. 1$.

1-10$ for 1 ETN is the max price if it is gonna be used by masses for trade.

Marketing: we are the marked to ETN!
If people have heard about ETN or got a friend that has ETN, then the chans for that the ETN marketing will get success. Soon we are 2.3 ETN holders, we should be 2.3 ambassadors that sale and teach about what i believe is the future of decentralised money and the biggest thing to tai the world together.

We need user numbers to moon. Tell your friends to create an ETN account, download app, teak a picture with KYOTI, and repeat. If we follow that recipi someone of your friends will take paid in ETN and some one will acquire more ETN. The ETN team should focus working with businesses to make posibilitis for ETN users, the marked is us. There’s only one reason for me to hold ETN in Norway and that is a belief that the price will rise. And i know it want rise before 1: BTC rise and pump money in to altcoins 2: ETN got a us case.

1: BTC will probably go up after the next down.
2: The ETN team heading in the right direction but they need allot more users to have a impact in the mobile market. and we need to do that job and get more users to the mobile platform regardless hver we live around the world. when the app to apple coms, we the community should and can increase the app downloads to 5M in a week, then ETN can cherry pick deals with any mobile company, we will get in every exchange, vendors will want ETN. ETN will add to more zeros and we are filthy rich in a year. This is a race against other cryptos and banks and we are the only one that can make a different. we must create that momentum.

By the end of the year, the ETN’s price is definitely about 10 cents.
Who supports me … ???

2 Likes

I am sure the price will go above 10 cent if some cataclism dont hapen in the crypto world, but for me price, surge like that in that little time window its uhealthy for the project, slow natural grow i think its better … dont know man :slight_smile:

1 Like

My prediction is half a dollar by January.

1 Like

The thing wich i think will impact the price alot is the mobile app. I mean the app should be like a geatway to alot of things. As i know, the ETN team are planing updates of the app, which as i heard one of the next updates will have geo locating for places where we can spend ETN, which is great. But for me, to be groundbreaking and MOONLAMBOING :D, they have to make it to be easy to get ETN, which leads to BUYING ETN form the app. I dont know how this can be pulled of, but i think there are few ways to be done. As example, how the android games can charge for buyng ingame stuff. I think is super important for the app to have this option :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just bought 6000 etn. Small investment small risk. Holding on, hopefully will be banking in few years.

1 Like

I believe crypto has some pretty harsh scrutiny of your a company offering to sell it, also there are different rules per country so it would be tricky.

I agree,
I’d love to be able to just buy
From the app. Perhaps same as the way gig fair will work.