ETN GIDMO Moonwalk Club 😁

1 Like

ETN does not do halving in the manner that BTC does. Each block award is a little smaller than the one before it. So it is a smoother continuous curve rather than a series of steps.

3 Likes

ETN doesn’t have halving events. It is a CryptoNote coin so they have a gradual declining emission rate for coins instead a halving event. So everyday you just get less coins than the day before.

3 Likes

Thanks.
So since you get less coins everyday , is there a probable forecast on when the last ETN coin might be mined?

I think @Mr.CryptoCZ had a spreadsheet on that.

1 Like

Smooth emission curve

Smooth emission means that the block reward is recalculated after each block (as opposed to Bitcoin’s recalculation every 4 years), and thereby creating a smooth decline rather than Bitcoin’s sharp drop. The block reward is a function of the total supply of Electroneum and the amount of coins already mined, and calculating it involves shifting bits (see this article written for Monero, on which Electroneum’s code is based).

Tail emission stage

The tail emission means that at the point where the calculated block reward reaches below a certain value (0.6 ETN in the current code), the block reward will stay at 0.6 ETN into perpetuity. Miners will also, of course, receive the fees associated with the mined transactions.

Halving from September 2018 based on the emission curve:
09.06.2019 will be 5300 per block
09.06.2020 will be 2650 per block
09.06.2021 will be 1825 per block

9 Likes

Right now the block reward is in freefall. Since we dont know for sure when it will level out and by how much all we can do is guess.

My guess to your question would be, not in my lifetime. And im 35 just now.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input on that subject @gjfrom and @ColinSTE. :grinning:

2 Likes

“Historically, there seems to have been a positive correlation between Bitcoin halving events and its price. The periods following the halvings of 2012 and 2016 have both been particularly lucrative for the cryptocurrency.”

Makes sense, all about supply and demand as usual. Although the supply is not decreasing, the emission rate is lower by one half, creating that effect if the demand rises. Will be interesting to see what the market does after that event.

2 Likes

Beware.
I sense Mt.Gox , it’s a rough world out there.

Hope you guys keep your funds safu.

2 Likes

“In his post, Armstrong said there was “a gap in our diligence process” while Coinbase was shopping for a blockchain analytics startup to acquire.”

That’s a bit of an understatement. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But they did follow it up with:

“Coinbase seeks to be the most secure, trusted, and legally compliant bridge to cryptocurrency,” he added. “We sometimes need to make practical tradeoffs to run a modern, regulated exchange, but we did not make the right tradeoff in this specific case. We will fix it and find another way to serve our customers while complying with the law.”

:thinking: Time will tell. :thinking:

2 Likes

I never like to see the word tradeoff in this type of stuff. Lol. Tradeoff=Cut corner. Hah

2 Likes

The difficulty would need to change if the price goes up, block reward goes down. The halving you speak about is a part of the bitcoin blockchain algorithm. It happens every four years.

No it doesn’t work the same as bitcoin…

Sorry hadn’t noticed you’d answered already. And did a better job of it. lol…

2 Likes

This video somewhat explains @CaptainMarvel :arrow_down::arrow_down:

This is a pretty good visual :arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

https://electroneum101.com/statistics/block-reward.php

This thread explains a little further :+1: :arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

This post has links with some further data :arrow_down::arrow_down:

1 Like

No Colin you are between 30-35 yo it clearly says so on your profile. :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe it’s time to change it to 35-40 yo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think i am 34, the wife keeps arguing with me about this!

She starts counting forward from my D.O.B, i on the other hand refuse to listen to the technical details and remember my 21st birthday approx 13 years ago, so that makes me 34!

4 Likes

Ohh and :fu::thinking::fu: 20 thingies

2 Likes

20 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like