ETN Fomo Moonwalk Club

Sometimes tech just works/dont in mysterious ways… no clear reason…

3 Likes

Thats what gets me going again 9 times out of ten… visa versa sometimes…

1 Like

Is anyone able to buy on KuCoin yet?

They removed my professor title and gave me back enthusiast rank lol, demoted, or does it say professor under my name???

If the mobile app / wallet says"You are Blocked", just close the app and leave it maybe 20 minutes and try again (which again I just did, and without updating to cloud mining yet).

If you know you haven’t done anything wrong to get blocked, it’s just a temporary blip.

Actually it’s a rather annoying one and shows a lack of programming sophistication to just throw out a catch all “Blocked” message and unnecessarily worry people - especially new people.

So rest assured, you most likely aren’t blocked and will be able to log back in after giving the system 20 minutes to “chill out”.

Enthusiast …

:open_mouth:

The fact that it ran into their blocked message, and not their existing maintenance message (or some new one), shows that it was an unexpected bug. Programming things to work flawlessly is not an easy thing to do, particularly when you can’t hold large beta tests for obvious reasons.

I had professor badge long time ago, weird for sure, dang it its like going from colonel to private, yoooooo who ever is hovering here bring me back my rank asap

I lost my professor badge as well, when I took a break for medical reasons. lol You have to maintain a certain level of activity as time goes on.

2 Likes

My kuCoin app works and the UI is very good. ETN wallet on the app is updating however, so give it some time guys!

Thats not fair i am here and around since day one and this the thankful treatment we got for being electroneum supporters 24/7, i was sick for couple of weeks, and this is the reward, bull crap

2 Likes

Lost my professor too for being negative in one comment. no worries, you is not losing anything

2 Likes

Well… news seems to hit about 16:20 uk time. We’re almost there…

2 Likes

If anything, the fact they swiftly squished the bug and returned things to normal says more about their ability to handle things, rather than inability.

4 Likes

I understand all to well the issues with programming flawlessly and bug free.

But this is happening many months now and “unexpected” doesn’t really cut it.

A better more suitable error message could so easily be implemented as compared to informing unsuspecting users that they are suddenly BLOCKED with no cause as to why.

Thus I say it is a lazy and unsophisticated “catch all”… one which would cause serious alarm to particularly new users.

i thnk gordon hodl strong til the end … he’s a good boy now check where he left he’s paper wallet

How could they implement an informative error page without knowing an error was there in the first place? Sure, in their debug log it would show the information, but that’s outside the user-side scope. In fact, I don’t honestly thing it was even an application error. IMO it was an issue with their account servers, be it migration, adding in additional features (e.g. cold storage), etc.

That’s just my opinion as a programmer though.

3 Likes

Had no errors. Nor kucoin or Etn.
:blush:
111076 miners

4 Likes

Have you bought ETN from KuCoin since upgrade?

Honestly mate…

Just replace it with a “temporary system error” message.

Instead they are catering for:
Bugs with “YOU ARE BLOCKED”
System issue “YOU ARE BLOCKED”
App issue “YOU ARE BLOCKED”
Anything goes wrong “You’re Blocked”

Blocked
Blocked
Blocked

1 Like