ETN Arena - Discussion

@etnbot roll 1d8

Just testing to see what happens.

:game_die: 6

@etnbot roll 10d10

Testing take 2.

:game_die: 3, 1, 4, 7, 2, 6, 3, 6, 2, 3

Yo we got a 7 up in here!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @ETNbot display help.

@etnbot display help.

I currently know how to do the following things:

@ETNbot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@ETNbot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@ETNbot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@ETNbot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@etnbot fortune.

20 ch

:crystal_ball: Most likely

What do we think about adding some random loot drops when defeating a monster? Doesn’t have to be big items, and doesn’t have to be all the time.

Perhaps make it so that one die is rolled per level of the monster. The results get added up and the number corresponds to a loot grid. Make it that anything under 10 doesn’t get loot, and then from 10 up the reward gets a little better each bracket. Some rewards can be some free ETN, others can be HP potions or gear.

The grid system makes it easy to control the level of rewards and makes so that the better quality items are more likely to drop when taking down a higher level monster.

Then after the drop is decided, we roll to see who randomly gets the loot item.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Great idea, and it would make sense as logically, monsters when defeated, would drop stuff in general. Not all the time sometimes it could be broken (cost to repair, various levels of awesomeness. etc potions of unknowness, that would be fun!

1 Like

I think it would be cool if we had a diety and once per 24 hours we could pray and maybe get heard heal a point or two or rest faster or something. That would be neat!

2 Likes

I like that idea. Maybe we do a pray roll. 1-4 nothing happens. 5 we heal 5hp and 6 we heal 10hp. Would have to figure out the correct balancing for all these additions. The game needs to maintain it’s reward funds somehow but without completely leeching it’s contributors.

If everyone in the arena has had a shot at the monster and it’s not defeated yet, do we do another round?

Area of effect damage sure could be a thing, but the problem with “response” rolls rather than voluntarily rolls is that the game becomes freezed. How long should we wait? 5min, 1 hour, 1 day?

Dexterity is also something I would love to get in, but I would prefer if the players could play as the monsters themselves, admin duty should basically be to only update docs and do payments. Even players could publish monsters given the rules we have now.
Aiming for a decentralized game lol :wink:

2 Likes

Omg guys, I love the ideas but what happened to keeping the game simple xD.
Diety healing and monster drops are good ideas though.

2 Likes

Very nice idea! You have a point about the voluntary rolls. My feeling on the matter is that if you’re sleeping during the action then you miss the chance to dodge. Short timespan like 2 to 5 minutes is the most that is reasonable to wait. Even without AOE you’d still have a chance of a single target attack landing on you which could be worse.

Sorry maybe I’m getting excited, possibly. I’m loving the game so far. I’ve always been very into online RPGs as well as the litrpg genre of novels. It’s great to get this experience too and I’m so excited to see the way it’s taking shape. Three of my most favourite things in life are coming together (online RPGs, litrpg and ETN!)

1 Like

I’m consider adding to the rules themselves to the Doc instead. It’s getting quite cluttered :confused: The downsides with many rules however is that new people might not find it appealing and therefore dont even try.

I also thought about downscaling the game a bit. Keeping the stats but making things as DragonPlate/Legendary Katana be either Monster Drops or Requirements depending on Character Level. That way pay to win would to some extent be discouraged and the players that actually stick around for long enough get a more prestigefull reward.

Hence, Dragon Plate -> Heavy Plate and Masterwork Katana -> Claymore for instance.

1 Like