Electroneum -wallet- RPC -login problem

1>./electroneum-wallet-rpc --daemon-port 26968 --wallet-file wallet --password xxxxx --rpc-bind-ip 0.0.0.0 --rpc-bind-port 26969 --confirm-external-bind --rpc-login rpcuser:rpcpassword

an error occurred when the above command was executed to start the RPC service,the error message

error:“src/wallet/wallet_rpc_server.cpp:200 Failed to create file electroneum-wallet-rpc.26969.login. Check permissions or remove file”.

error:“src/wallet/wallet_rpc_server.cpp:1987 Failed to initialize wallet rpc server”

2>./electroneum-wallet-rpc --daemon-port 26968 --wallet-file wallet --password xxxxx --rpc-bind-ip 0.0.0.0 --rpc-bind-port 26969 --confirm-external-bind --disable-rpc-login

rpc services can start normally

How do I set the “–rpc-login” parameter and what are the constraints?

@Cuddlesquid can you assist here please?

Be patient, you will get a reply.
Thanks.

Your electroneum-wallet-rpc.26969.login file is in the same folder as the electroneum-wallet-rpc during the RPC server is running. When the RPC server stops, the file dissapears.
But when you didn’t stop the server correctly (kill the process or force rebooting etc), the file remains. Next time you start RPC server with the same port and the file exists already, the error happens.

You can erase the file manually then you can start RPC server.

So make sure you stop your RPC server with the stop_wallet() method!

Thank you. It has been settled according to your way!

I have another question. How do I set the electroneum-wallet- RPC parameters to run in the background?

“./electroneumd --detach” executes a command that add with “–detach” to allow the process to run in the background, but “./electroneum-wallet- rpc” does not have the same preferences

I think you can use “nohup command &”. I don’t know what nohup really is so please search about it yourself!

I know how to operate it. Thanks

Sounds like you are operting within Linux opearting system, If I may suggest learning to use one of the two nifty tools on Linux.

• screen
    or
  • tmux

You will be able to easily deploy any application and detach screen or tmux as a process, and of course you can attach back to screen or tmux, take a look at some guides online, I myself use tmux.

Here is an example of a detached tmux window with a miner lunched.

List of created tmux sessions

Attaching to a tmux session

Reslt

To simply detach from tmux session you press CTRL+B then D on keyboard.

List after detach

This will greatly help you manage other applications as well, also if you fully logout, tmux sessions and anything inside of them will still be active untill session is closed by you :slight_smile: