Electroneum Social Network Like Facebook

Lol well those are a part of the mess too yes but most of it was just regular fake accounts too. It’s such a crazy number and FB was bragging about how many " Real " people use FB. That almost wiped 50% of the total number of users haha.

1 Like

i hate adverts they drive me nuts , this community is great it has none , we are the adverts we decide what comes in the the mods delete , flag as appropriate…

excellent idea

another great idea

this is a feature that would be fantastic . rather than trolling through all your posts then deleting one by one just a quick reset…

this needs addressing , thats why i left . animal abuse , people streaming horrible things that just pop up on my timeline that i have absolutely zero interest in…

great idea , they have implemented that very well in here . and they do respond which others fail to do so

yes yes and more yes

stops the stalkers , the creeps ect

i believe this will be the future , once the cash goes and all payments are digital this will be the way forward

i think this community forum is paving the way on how to do things the right way .

a most excellent post my friend , very well thought out .

1 Like

it just shows how far a company will go to make itself look bigger and better . when in reality it simply is not

1 Like

I highly appreciate the break down of my ideas, I carefully thought all of them out honestly. I’m a really analytical person in many ways especially when it comes to spotting various flaws like all of those.

Far as the ads part, I don’t like them but understand the need for the company to make money. My option there I think was a very reasonable balance not currently offered. I’d certainly tick them to off, but this way it offers the freedom to choose. If someone doesn’t care awesome but if they do, away they’ll go. There is always other ways a company like this can bring in money, that was just of course an idea.

One you didn’t cover though I think is also important is the graph search control where you’re forever reminded of people you’ve been in contact with, that data should be able to be purged as well.

Actually from all my reading and research this is one of the top things that irritates people to no end. LOT’S of post about it on people trying to remove that and FB just ignores it.

1 Like

i missed one … sorry

yes i agree , this one is complicated though as sometimes it can come in handy … so yeah a toggle switch is a great idea

look at google , they bought youtube and now they bombard you with advertisement then ask you to pay to get rid of their adverts …
sometimes its a youtube advert advertising youtube… that really winds me up as i know if im on youtube im on youtube lol

i get they need to raise cash from adverts but leave it on the first page you enter , not every other post , or recommended for you. sometimes ill mention things to my wife open my phone and that is the first advert that comes up … that worry’s me

like that film with tom cruise where he changes his eyes and all the adverts are taylored to the previous owners tastes

1 Like

That’s all good no worries at all, just one i wanted to point out because I can’t stand it Lol. The complaints on grid search are incredibly high, one of the most hated features on FB by a landslide.

I see what you’re saying there, but that’s why I figured people can just tick a box to turn it off if they so choose. A company does need a way to generate revenues of course, running an operation like that is insanely expensive. Google has ruined Youtube in so many ways though, penalize many creators without a valid reason on top of that and they tend to reward ones who do HORRIBLE things. It’s run by fools honestly.

That’s fair, they don’t need to be all over literally every single page. They go WAY overboard with ads, also they could still make more than enough profit even reducing them a lot too. Them, FB etc make record profits and could easily make it better.

agreed , i mean look t this forum , zero adverts . why because its not needed and the team no it. yt and fb should have enough revenue coming in to support them without the insane amount of ads , they do have a business to run but come on… i went to watch a video that interested me the other day and i kid you not there was an advert every minute , the vid was 50 mins long, i didnt watch it for that reason. i know the poster of the video can add adverts but they have to limit it.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, if you talk about anything at all you’ll see it pop right up on FB immediately, they’re taking it to levels I think that are a bad enough to put people in prison. That’s honestly crazy and It happens to me literally everyday. It’s like a tick embedding itself onto your phone/pc ad wise.

1 Like

its bugging , its taking spyware to the next level but its legal…

scary very scary

1 Like

Well this forum is also tiny by comparison to FB despite it’s fake profiles too, but I still think there would be other ways to do it, I think very limited normal ads are fine but the bulk of income I think could just be from products/services too. That’d easily make up for any ad rev so long as their actually good. This is different, but SpaceX is going to be doing Starlink which is an internet service if you see my post in the space thread that could end up generating from 40-50 billion alone. Just an example of a service that could bring i more than enough for operations and a nice profit no ads at all or like i said, limited just a lot less saturation.

The legality is questionable I think sure you’ve seen FB getting hammered by lawsuits all around the world. Like on my Twitter post they may get fined right into shutting down, it’s possible. One fine in the EU i think was/is seeking like 1.2 trillion. If one that big hit, FB would be obliterated for good.

1 Like

now that would be something to sit back with a tub of popcorn to watch on the news.

that would be interesting to see how that is ran , musk is very clever and is aware of certain involvements … if you know what i mean

2 Likes

Lol oh yes! I’d be like BURNNNNN! :fire:

Musk will never be in the govs pocket even though they do help them launch things with SpaceX, they pay well but his money is for the good of human kind. He’s way to independent for that, also the income from Starlink is going into research and development and colonizing mars. I honestly don’t think he’d use it at all for anything nefarious. All his projects are to advance human kind to make the world a far better place.

Some knock him for taking money from the military but he has to do that. It’s expensive to run a company like that. I don’t mind because anything they pay him goes right back into what I said above being used for good.

he is an amazing human being , his ideas are well off the charts and this planet needs more like him .

if we all ended war and put all that cash into solving issues this planet would thrive beyond belief . but that would include removing the ones at the top of that pyramid… and that wont happen

1 Like

100% right! Sounds like a new thread might need to be born haha! It’s a subject I can go on and on about with his various companies and the topic of making the world a better place by stopping alot of ludicrous activities.

1 Like

satellites all around the planet …
wasnt there a Nostradamus prophecy about the world covered by a criss cross web or something like that

Could be, I haven’t read any of his predictions in a long time though. I can say when able I am switching to Starlink though! Plus name an ISP who puts their money into colonizing new planets? :grin:

Btw, I created a space thread too, feel free to check it out.

good point , isnt this supposed to give the internet anywhere on the surface . if so that would be remarkable achievement for mankind

Let’s bring the topic over there so we don’t derail this one too much Lol. To easy to do, I will respond over in my Space thread though.