Electroneum Smart Chain Migration FAQ

If you type eth.accounts into the sc wallet, is the address there definitely the same as the one shown in the block explorer??

Confirmations in the legacy chain?? 869 confirmations

1 Like

the new blockexplorer also shows the right balance of my new wallet

1 Like

I see 7 confirmations now in the line of the new wallet address

1 Like

now I see my balance in etn-sc in Wei units :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Glad it’s working for you :+1:

2 Likes

on mac Sonoma v14.4 etn-sc (without --http parameter) works i.e. etn-sc attach (without http://localhost:8545) opens a console

1 Like

also one terminal mode works on both mac and win11:
etn-sc console

1 Like
  1. why don’t we have 5.0.0.4 binaries for windows if we have it for linux and mac?
    https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/releases/tag/v5.0.0.4

2. why does the CLI migration guide still talk about 5.0.0.2 ?
    https://developer.electroneum.com/migration-to-smart-chain/how-to-migrate/cli-wallet-users

these may confuse users
@BegaMutex @Plankton_ETN

1 Like

why don’t we have 5.0.0.4 binaries for windows if we have it for Linux and mac?

5.0.0.4 was a new release to fix some binaries (Ubuntu and OSX) which had a bug in 5.0.0.3. WIndows is fine in 5.0.0.3.

why does the CLI migration guide still talk about 5.0.0.2 ?

I’m sure you can appreciate the team are somewhat busy right now migrating the entire ETNNetwork to the new smart chain. Tweaks and updates like this will be done as soon as they can. :+1:

Edit* I think the team may have updated the Developer resource with the correct versions.

4 Likes

yes. dev doc was updated :+1:

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same issue where I am not seeing the balance from the etn-sc however, from the block explorer I can see my balance. I don’t want to try this with my main wallet do I have a wallet with very little coins just for the migration testing.

1. When I use the electroneumd and electroneum-wallet-cli I see the coins have been migrated and my current balance is 0. (I’m on Mac OS and I am running 5.0.0.4)
  2. From etn-sc I have run ./etn-sc account import ./private-key.txt successfully and I see the account in etn-sc
  3. From a separate console I have attached to the running etn-sc with ./etn-sc attach and eth.getBalance(eth.accounts[0]) or eth.getBalance('<sc_etn_address>') gives a balance of 0.

I’m guessing the etn-sc needs to synch but how can I tell what the status of the synch is? I just see the attached output unlike the old electroneumd where you can tell where the synch is at.
Anyway, if that isn’t the issue why I am still not seeing the balance in etn-sc please point me in the right direction.

It’s been running for a couple of days now, maybe I’m missing something.

Doesnt look like your node is syncing.

What happens when you enter eth.blockNumber in the client Popo?

Do you get back the current top block (i.e. your node is synced).
e.g.

eth.blockNumber

1 Like

Ooops you may be right! eth.blockNumber gives me 0

1 Like

Yeah. So somehow your peers are unable to link and sync. Maybe network settings, external IP access, even firewall.

Cant offer too much help on that i’m afraid, you can see the default ports used with “etn-sc --help” so that’s a place to start.

Also, etn-sc is based on geth (ethereums version) so im sure you will find plenty of things in a google search if you look for others unable to get peers.

Dont forget the team are creating some public node(s) right now which your etn-sc client (or metamask) could likely use while you work out whats happening locally.

2 Likes

you could also check in blockexplorer your balance. put your wallet address in the searchfield

1 Like

Yes the blockexplorer shows my balance as expected but not on etn-sc.

1 Like

Okay thanks, I’ll check network settings and see if I can find anything. Will probably do a google search on it as well to see what I can find. Thanks for the pointers though.

2 Likes

Hello everyone
Just a couple questions. I have my coins on the old cli. I never wrote down seed phrase or spend key or anything.
My question is when i run the new cli it will automatically start to bridge. Then will it be too late to get my keys from the program?
And my other question is that from what i have been reading people will need their spend key for meta mask bur when i downloaded the meta mask app from the playstore just to investigate it, it had 2 options. Create a new wallet and import existing wallet using seed phrase. No option for just spend key.
I’m not trying to do anything yet. Hopefully a super easy to follow guide will come out. And hopefully im just over thinking it lol

2 Likes

I suppose you know the password of the old CLI wallet so when you open it you can give the command spendkey, it asks for your password again then it will show the spendkey. When you run the old wallet it will start to bridge (i.e. the old wallet not the new one).
The spendkey is needed to create the new etn-sc CLI wallet i.e. it is not for metamask wallet.

Detailed instructions are here:

2 Likes

My question is when i run the new cli it will automatically start to bridge. Then will it be too late to get my keys from the program?

If you install the latest version (5.0.0.3 ore 5.0.0.4 depending on your operating system), it will sync your legacy blockchain and automatically send all the ETN to the bridge to be destroyed.

You will still be able to get your SpendKey from CLI… just type “spendkey” to view, and keep it safe.

And my other question is that from what i have been reading people will need their spend key for meta mask bur when i downloaded the meta mask app from the playstore just to investigate it, it had 2 options. Create a new wallet and import existing wallet using seed phrase. No option for just spend key.
I’m not trying to do anything yet.

There is an option to import from within metamask. Where you can use your SpendKey from CLI to take control of the wallet the coins were bridged to. Instructions on setting up local node to connect Metamask to above… alternatively you can wait for the team to release a public node which you can connect Metamask to instead.

3 Likes