Electroneum CLI wallet guide with Remote Node method

Hi,
I was curious and I sent 10 ETN from my mobile app to my cli wallet connected to your remote node. I see 0 balance for entire 3 days. I have no problem with losing 10 ETN and will wait some more days but would you have some ideas about that?
Thank you.

Yes check the Blockchain - I would be highly confident it is in the address you sent it to. I put stuff in my CLI wallet (as a test) and it doesn’t show in the balance. But when I check the blockchain it is there and when I import it to my online wallet it comes in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you I will try importing when nothing helps. So is there the known problem showing balance on cli wallets?

I never had problems with the balance of the CLI wallet but I use own node.

1 Like

Hi,
I checked and think the blockchain has my transaction properly.

I’ll try my own node although it will take a long time even if I imported a raw blockchain. So I will post again later if my balance shows up or not.
Thank you all.

Edit: I tried my own node (I imported the official blockchain with height 390876 and it was fast!) but my balance still shows 0. I’ll leave it so I can happen to solve this problem later.

Hello there,

Since you sent Electroneum from mobile wallet, there is only one way to check exactly where and what happend to that transaction of 10 ETN. Use my guide bellow to navigate through your mobile wallet app and locate Prove Sending page.

On prove sending page you will find lots of usefull information, such as ETN address used to send Electroneum to, be sure to compare ETN address on prove sending page to the one that belongs to cli wallet.

2 Likes

I tried again today and finally see my 10 ETN!
So only rescan_bc worked for me. I don’t know why this command wasn’t seen on entire this forum.

@cuddlesquid Anyway thank you for your advice and your works!

2 Likes

Is there a way to move the database for my cli wallet from default location to an external and point the electroneum exe file to look for the database from that specific folder?

–data-dir=“C:\path\to\desired\directory”

source:

please notice it is - - data-dir

3 Likes

Question: Is the ProgramData directory hardcoded into electroneumd.exe or does it read the environment variables? I’ve tried changing both the ProgramData variable and AllUsersProfiles variable to the separate HDD and electroneumd was still writing to the default ProgramData directory.

hey guys, has anyone used the cli wallet on a mac is it the same process as the windows system? If anyone has some tips that would be great. Thank you

1 Like

I use CLI on Mac daily. You always need to run the Electroneumd file to connect to the blockchain and it take a while to initially catch up (there is a short cut procedure as per 101 notes above). Then you can open the CLI file to import a wallet. Take your time learning about it.

Here is a video that will help a bit as well, as is on a mac. Just note he uses the private keys but better practice is to use public keys for security.

3 Likes

Great I will try this. It’s one thing i am yet to accomplish. First stop the video! Thank you.

1 Like

Hello,

Also wanted to mention that you can still use Remote Node method with Mac or Linux. If you want to create a view wallet only check out the View Wallet Only Mode.

Here is an example of command with remote node from terminal once you have entered wallet directory.

wallet at end of --generate-from-view-key is the name of your wallet.

View Wallet

./electroneum-wallet-cli --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968 --generate-from-view-key=wallet

Withdrawl and View Wallet

./electroneum-wallet-cli --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968  --generate-from-keys=wallet
2 Likes

I notice these warning messages as well. I typically ignore this one as it appears harmless. My client is up to date.

1 Like

did you compile the client? on Linux?

Windows, an already compiled binary from GitHub https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/releases

1 Like

I’ve made small modifications to Table of Contents, hopefully its a little easier to navigate and find exactly what you are looking for.

I’ve also added a few direct links to other guides such as opening paper wallet with mobile app. These may need some attention in the near future as we have definitely evolved!

4 Likes

Alright alright, enough fun and games boys and girls,… give up the new Remote Node so we can update the guide.

And I guess… cool fork update…:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hi, any updated remote node ??

i use paper wallet and am unable to run full node due to storage, data and internet connectivity restrictions.

2 Likes