Electroneum and Ubuntu Pathways join forces in ground-breaking deal

Ah well, the point was that I quoted from the DirectorTalk Interviews where Bill Clinton was referenced.

I’m not going to get political here on something I don’t care about all that much - but many before him have done much worse and are remembered far more fondly.

My thoughts are that given the disdain for crypto by the current the US gov, we avoid attention there period.

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree with that - I would be hard pressed to find anything bad to say about ETN at this moment whether it be about it’s goals, be it financial freedom (particularly unbanked) or humanitarian - or whether it be a discussion as to the practicality of the resources required to run it (and now the virtually hack proof securty).

This is all positively positioned. Then there’s the onboarding which is streamlined and the practicality of use, which the mobile app has in abundance. Plus there is the very affordable Electroneum mobile (which in itself is a talking point and marketing opportunity) and which outputs a little additional mobile mining reward in the area where the trial run is taking place.

Of course it is the same for all crypto that the financial risks can be severe - but given the above, if I was completely new to Alts, Electroneum would at this point stand out for me.

I’m hoping this clear progress will be recognised as news and discussion follow in the coming days and months.

As my tweet referencing #XVG (Verge) above indicates (and I hold a little Verge), I know Electroneum are miles ahead of them at this point. Sure, XVG is a bit ahead in price, but in fact I don’t ever see Verge catching up to the progress ETN have currently achieved.

2 Likes

Hey, it could go the other way, you are right. Being regulatory compliant, KYC and all that could put us in an awesome position with the US, but lets face it. If they think for a second ours, or any crypto is going to compete with USD on any level, it’s economic war. And I am not pointing fingers at the US for this, we cannot expect them not to protect US economic dominance.

1 Like

Indeed, I failed to mention the KYC and of course the AML.

KYC = Know Your Customer
AML = Anti Money Laundering

I know most people in here will know what both stand for, but I’ve spelled it out for anyone a little unsure.

I’m not trying to sound happy-clappy about it but at this point I’d imagine the US, India, and any country that may feel crypto is a threat, would be much happier to see their citizens using ETN before Bitcoin.

2 Likes

For those who would like to donate to Ubuntu. Address is below or you can contact Beth directly if you prefer

etnk3VacP1D7qHyJQZCvwEJ8pgay5r9V9QetZvHnTt21cki1XfBwKhG59nZXeqrPYPFJn6UHybE4c39uB92essCH3k2wuYJaH4

2 Likes

@mancitalian

I think that Beth was requesting that you DO NOT share the wallet address, hence she mentioned about people contacting her privately if they wished to donate.

Perhaps you might want to re-read that email, and remove the wallet address.

@Jo_Boo

Its harmless to display your ETN wallet address

Even the website clearly states : Give this wallet address to the person sending you Electroneum.
It’s perfectly safe to give the address. You can even publish it on your website or social media.

She is a newbie and didnt realise this

3 Likes

Did my part and send them a little :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve sent them an anonymous donation too, I‘ve got no time for a receipt :smiley:

Looks like they are going to hodl for awhile too

Just send Founds that we collected in other threat. With some additional ETNs.

3 Likes

Well, I have never been one to let fear and common sense hold me back haha. Who knows what the future brings, but I do think that the future of crypto looks a lot like ETN, and we are first past the post in terms of regulatory compliance. I think though, it will take some time for the powers that be to accept it. Show them a way to profit, and maintain economic dominance, and we are a go.

Oops must have hit reply to the wrong person, the following point remains.

I’d suggest people do not send direct to that address but instead contact Beth directly (as she requested)- there is a good reason she asked @mancitalian not to share that address.

1 Like

I just contacted them. It says so on their website.

I think you might be confusing people here. I am not a part of the conversation about donating ETN/public wallet addy to Ubuntu. Nor have I received a private message from you.

At any rate, have a great day folks, off to work. Cheers.

1 Like

I didn’t sheared it anywhere. Just donated to them. And contact them wia mail as requested.

It’s corrected.

It’s @mancitalian that I’m taking to.

Anyway, why do I even care at this stage when Electroneum forum makes it so hard to help people avoid sending donations to possible scann (<<< nn = m) addresses.

Over 2 hours awaiting Moderator Approval on my original message which explains it.

2 Likes

Finally over 2 hours later this message is approved.

@mancitalian Ordinarily, I’m aware of this - however the mail you included just asks you NOT TO SHARE for a reason…

Anyone could easily include a similar message and include their own wallet and scam people.

I’m not suggesting this is what you have done here, but perhaps now you understand why she would prefer private contact for donations.

It wouldn’t take a genius scammer to get ideas how to scam people - using what you’ve included, which she asked you not to. Understand?

You should follow her request and remove the address immediately. or a moderator (@Rach) should protect people and remove it if you refuse to.

If people want to donate, great. I’m not suggesting _Mancitalian _ has done anything bad here intentionally…

But please contact Beth direct as she asks so you can be 100% certain your donation is going to the legitimate address.