Donation Tracker

Before I start, I think it’s great that people in the forum have found recipients for donations worldwide, and commend the effort!

The problem that will come of it eventually is when more people begin spamming their QR codes with pleads for donations, and what started as good community intentions transforms into an attack vector for money grubbers. That will cause an instant aversion for most people when it comes to donating ETN. As of now, there is no (easy) way to tell how much in donations a person has received.

Idea: A system could be integrated into GigGuru (and/or the app) which allows users to register their wallet address as a Donor. Others could register in this system as a Charity Recipient, and perhaps even present an explanatory bio for the request.
Donations could be routed through this platform, and the main benefit would be that everyone can see how much funding a given charity has received. This would hopefully provide balance in the charity system. You could almost think of it as Kickstarter I suppose, but directed at individuals, and for charity purposes.
I am no expert on the subject, but this seems like something that could be easily integrated into GigGuru.

Maybe there is a simpler solution, a solution is already in place, or I’m off my rocker.

Let me know! Thanks.

I understand your point for sure. A third party would probably be needed as a legal buffer.

2 Likes