DigitalPundFoundation Site Appeared Online

Not sure if this is legit.

http://digitalpoundfoundation.com/

2 Likes

Yeah agree with @BegaMutex

Do NOT SIGN up with this website until it has been verified or announced on official channels.

Stay safe online …

:peace_symbol::heart::zap:

3 Likes

I will sign up using the Milo wallet support email address LoL

4 Likes

digital pound foundation was reserved in June in the US

2 Likes

The company was registered in June also…after the web domain was bought… hmmmmm

1 Like

but in the US ?

1 Like

What sticks out to me in the registration is that they don’t want their identity known, as in registered to this and this corporate entity. Could be of course that they didn’t have the company ID available at the time they registered the domain, but as now for me it’s just another site.

2 Likes

Website registered on 9th June, company formed on 21st June. Could be coincidental that timing is so close together.

I agree it is unusual for corporates to redact registration info but for arguments sake, electroneum.com also has redacted info (and also registered with Dynadot I might add).

The twitter link on the website takes you to @digitalpoundfdn which, the first few followers seems to be members from the Quant Network (but not too sure as I don’t follow Quant).

I’m not saying the website is legit as I simply don’t know. But after doing a bit of digging, it seems there’s a chance it might be. And if it is legit, it seems something might be happening in 17+ days time (there was a countdown on there earlier which has since come down).

4 Likes

Well, I connected with an email address, I’ll update if I get any info…very interested in what may be coming into play.:thinking:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nice digging! Ok so there’s a possibility it’s legit. Curious to see. The countdown also, to what exactly. It seems this fall brings a lot of excitement with it, let’s hope everything pays off.

5 Likes

Yes the twitter feed does seem to pick some of the more serious and sensible retweets etc. Could be legit!

2 Likes

The Digital pound foundation Twitter account has included the website to the Twitter handle, so atleast to that extent it seems legit. If I understood correctly the Twitter handle is not directly related to the Foundation, however.

Edit:Man, I should brush up on my reading. Our esteemed colleague mentioned this a couple of posts back :grinning:

2 Likes