Car talk / show and tell club. :)

Sign me up! Stock class.

KohHanksBackStory

4 Likes

Here we go again! Top Gear time!

2 Likes

Huh, is it on now? Haven’t seen any since it all changed.

I like it. I’m not sure if you’re in the UK, but I still watch The Grand Tour on Amazon…it’s become a bit like The Last of The Summer Wine. I enjoy it more for nostalgic reasons. TG is more fresh these days IMO, Chris Harris is a legend in my book.

2 Likes

When I watch Top Gear now if feel like Matt and Chris are trying too hard to be Clarkson, Hammond and May. While they are getting better at it, I don’t think it’ll ever be as good as The Grand Tour, or as good as Top Gear was.

I thought Freddie Flintoff was supposed to be presenting it now??

2 Likes

He has problems handling that mean green chip machine.
I wouldnt trust him in a Ferrari!

2 Likes

1960 El Dorado

3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

Finally got the winch and plow installed on my ATV. Now that it’s March, but just in time for 10+ Inches of snow today.

6 Likes

So this is what lovely wife has as a new (ish) car. I like it a lot.

4 Likes

Chevrolet Captiva or the Vauxhall one?? I used to have the Captiva on a 10 plate with a 2 litre diesel engine. The amount of torque was amazing but fuel economy was horrific, I was lucky to get 26 mpg on a motorway run.

Great car overall though and felt very well made. What is the facelift one like??

2 Likes

She only picked it up on Friday, it’s the 2.2 version and yes the fuel consumption is heavy! Still, it’s going to spend most of it’s time sat on the drive waiting to go to the supermarket so it’s not a worry…Oh, yes the torque is very good, the acceleration to 70 is quick for a tank.

3 Likes

I found a “Jesus Bus”…imagine pimpin this baby!

3 Likes

I could imagine fitting outriggers to it! How does that not tip over?

3 Likes

It would be precarious with a full load during oktoberfest!!

3 Likes

I’m going to drive it to Paris, so I think I’ll do a roadtrip update on here as I go along. It will document all the places I have broken down and inform you all of the state of my marriage along the way!! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

For anyone who watched the most recent Grand Tour, and was wondering what is the place those old gear knobs were messing with dune buggies, it was at:

VORE Adrenaline Compound

1 Like

My Capitva didn’t cost me a penny except for 4 tyres at £200 a corner in the 3 years I had it.

That said, the fuel cost would have been similar to a really unreliable yet economical car!!

Only issue I had was the touch screen kept flickering and that was replaced under warranty

1 Like

Ah, ours is a lesser model it’s the Antara. No touchscreen in that! It uses about the same amount of fuel as the Twintop we just got rid of did so it’s no real problem, tax is the same too. Hopefully we have a similar experience to yours! Not bad for basically Daewoo’s!

1 Like