Can someone tell me how to check balance after moving etn from webwallet to offline paper wallet?

All that sounds good, sounds like you already know what to do honeslty. This shouldnt have changed though, I would take some time and raise a support ticket here https://support.electroneum.com/hc/en-us. There is a reason why there is a “private view key” on your paper wallet, and they have not changed one single bit since ICO.

If you have access to a computer, we can always try importing your paper wallet to a cli wallet, but using remote node, this should eliminate blockchain syncing. If you would like to take a dab at it, here is a guide: Electroneum CLI wallet guide with Remote Node method

There is another option. I’m not sure how much Electroneum you have, and our grace period is no where near ending,… we can try importing your paper wallet to mobile app wallet, guide: How to import Electroneum from Paper Wallet to Online or Mobile Wallet

These are just some of the options. If you don’t want to try importing, I would strongly suggest to contact support if you are 100% certain you’ve done everything right, because your transactions should still validate.