Armistice Day 11.11.2018 - 100 years

SX355

To those who lost your life , gave the ultimate sacrifice , thankyou with all my heart.
To those who have lost limbs or are suffering from the consequences of war I thank you for your sacrifice.

To all the animals lost during ww1 and during all the wars , I hope you found peace where you are

Over 16 million people lost their lives during ww1 , 16 million !!! .

We show our respect by wearing a poppy , poppy’s come in different colours here’s a list.

The black poppy was created to represent the African/Black/West Indian/Pacific Island communities’ role in the war. The project began in 2010.
0_Screen-Shot-2018-11-10-at-115459
The purple poppy was launched in 2016 to pay tribute to the animals who died in service.
s-l300
The Murphy’s Army Purple Poppy Campaign aims to raise awareness of the animals role in the war.

The white poppy is a flower used as a symbol of pacifism. They are distributed by the Peace Pledge Union (PPU).

There are three elements to the meaning of white poppies: they represent remembrance for all victims of war, a commitment to peace and a challenge to attempts to glamorise or celebrate war.

And the most recognisable poppy in the UK
0_Red-poppies-in-a-field-with-a-cloudy-sky
The red poppy this is a symbol of remembrance. Poppies were a common sight. They flourished on the Western Front in the churned soil. The imagery inspired Canadian doctor John McCrae to write ‘In Flanders Field’, which he wrote in 1915.

In 1918, American humanitarian Moina Michael wrote: “And now the Torch and Poppy Red, we wear in honor of our dead…”. She campaigned to make the poppy a symbol of remembrance of those who died in the war. The artificial poppies were first sold in 1921 providing funds for Earl Haig Fund in support of ex-servicemen and the families of those who had died in the conflict.

So at 11.11 am on the 11th day of the 11th month we stand United , to remember the death and destruction of war , the lives lived and lost be it human or animal . Wars in my eyes can be avoided especially in modern times.

If it wasn’t for these brave souls none of this ( etn , BTC etc etc etc ) would of happened so I’ll be there proud in support of our veterans across the globe…

R.I.P. lest we forget…

horses-ww1-b

Let’s never have another war…
WW3 can not happen…

Whatever you do today wherever you go just have a small thought of those who have fought during conflict and for those who lost their lives. It costs nothing , even if you don’t agree with war ( who does ? ) They still sacrificed so you can be YOU.

We will remember them…always.:heart:

Summed up very well, great information about the different poppies, I had no idea…and yes thinking of all who died whatever side. Someone’s brother, son, father. Such a waste of life. May they rest in peace.

Thank you for taking the time to put this together.