AMA with Olivier

Hi.

Yesterday we had AMA on twitter with Oliver.

I am just posting what somebody from community put together.

Olivier Acuña Barba, PR Electroneum.

Q. Can you please tell us your story how u been into crypto space? what motivates
you?

A. Yes, well I got involved in crypto through
@coinrivet
in May 2018. The CEO called me and asked me if I wanted to write about crypto
and blockchain.
At that time, I honestly did not know anything about the industry but felt it was a
great chance to write again

Q. Is ETN team planning cold storage and if so when?

A. Yes, our head of blockchain Chris Harrison was explaining this to me the other day,
coincidentally. We will be launching an amazing, unhackable, 100% secure USBtype
wallet in the next few weeks.
Electroneum knows the ETN community wants a hardware wallet that is 100%
secure and easy to use as well as functional. They are very close to delivering. I
saw a demo last week, so I can honestly tell you that this will happen very soon.
Any exact date of GigFair release
Our Electroneum team is working very hard on the GigFair app and website. This
should be ready no later than the end of September.

Q. How are you planning doing marketing in countries going live? Will Claro do some
marketing?

A. Our partnership in Brazil is not with Claro. Claro Mobile topups with ETN are done
through a third-party crypto OTC trading desk. Many journalists misinterpreted this
information. More information clarifying this issue will be made public soon.
And yes, in the coming months we will be announcing expansions to more
countries with more real utility cases, including a whole town in Africa where ETN
will be used. There are many exciting projects in the pipeline. But we need to be
careful to not overhype as that can backfire

Q. Can you please tell us your story how u been into crypto space? what motivates
you?

A. I am motivated by the amazing things crypto can do, especially helping people in
developing countries to connect with the digital economy and save money on
remittances. There is no doubt in my mind that cryptocurrency is the next evolution
of money and will become mainstream.
Maybe in the pipelane any big online store or market where we will be able to
spend ETN?
So, we launched in South Africa and we are successfully proving that there are real
uses for ETN. It is being accepted in shops of all types and services. We need to
continue convincing corporates and governments that cryptocurrency, not just ETN,
is safe and trustworthy.

Q. What about mvno in india. Is there any plan

A. Hi, no immediate plans for India. I do know we have plans for other areas in Asia.
But again, I do not want to overhype. I prefer that you keep an eye out on
electroneum and you will be surprised to see the expansion and developments in the next few
weeks.

Q. Maybe in the pipelane any big online store or market where we will be able to
spend ETN?

A. yes, we have a partnership in the works with a major corporation in an Asian
country that for now, I cannot reveal. But ETN there will be available for use in
many shops like never before.

Q.Any big exchanges coming?

A. I cannot speak of exchanges right now. We are focusing massively on GigFair and
expansion to more countries with mobile top-ups and that will lead to other projects
and acceptance in bigger exchanges. We are working with rating agencies because
we have been wrongly qualified.

Q. How are you planning to gain more users if not with operators? mass social media
marketing?

A. Hi, so we already have 3.4 million users worldwide and growing. And GigFair and
expansion of mobile top-ups will help that number grow even more. Also, yes, there
will be massive marketing once we overcome a few hurdles we have encountered
but that will be resolved very soon

Q. How do you think media can join play a vital role in Blockchain adaptation

A. Media has already played a vital role in getting information out there about all the
amazing use cases blockchain has. More could still be done, I agree. But there are
few journalists in the industry who really understand. I myself have yet to have
more knowledge.

Q. Based on the trials and testing that the #electroneum team has done so far, which
method of marketing is resonating most with the target developing nations?

A. Good question, Dino. I have been at Electroneum for a month and I do PR, so
media relations and so on. So, cannot really answer that. I can say we have some
amazing marketing people. Some worked for Unilever, Sony, Porsche, Jaguar, and
many more major firms.

Q. How many are now employed at Electroneum? are you going to expand even
more? maybe also in other countries?

A. Yes, as I was explaining, we are expanding our team, which is currently 45
members strong. Most of the new hires are going to be in marketing because our
priority is to make our brand stronger and visible. It already has credibility but we do
need to work harder

Q. Is there any very big NGO that you cant announce just yet?

A. We have announced to very reputable ones already, Ubuntu Pathways and Wonder
Foundation. And yes, there will be more that will reveal themselves once they feel
comfortable working with cryptocurrency. It is new to them, so it is fair that they
want to understand it better.

Q. In PR what are an easy way to Approach Media agency?

A. Another good question. Unfortunately, ICOs found it very easy to throw a lot of
money at crypto news outlets for writing about them. This has made it difficult to
organically create media attention. They now unethically expect us to pay for them
to publish
So, it has not been easy. But I am working on a PR Strategy to make Electroneum
a company that is appealing to news outlets and to have them looking for us rather
than us paying them to get our newsworthy developments published on their
websites.

Q. Have you Invested in Crypto? and how was your experience so far

A. I have not invested in crypto. I have been so busy learning and writing. I do regret
not having bought Bitcoin when it was at about $3400. I was trying to on various
occasions but was so difficult that I never was able to actually buy and put it off. I
rather focus on learning

Q. will we see a major launch from ETN like Apple do when they launch new products
and what is ETN doing in brand building?

A. Hi, good question. We are increasing the marketing team. We are working hard on
branding and you will see some very cool and announcement will continue. We are
talking to many huge influencers who are happy to endorse us because we are
doing real R&D and big deals with corporate

Q. Thanks Olivier. I did ask further up as PR manager when you will run some success
stories based on how our new NGOs and charities are using their new mining
rewards? Surely this would make a really interesting article for mainstream
international press.

A. Hi Dino, coincidentally, I have some new information to share next week. Keep an
eye out because the NGOs do have very positive feedback and the very wonderful
results they are having through working with Electroneum.

Q. ETN is not partnering with more MVNO’s just third parties & that is why we are not
seeing any growth via Cloud Miner, it is just a unknown 3 party retailer. The other
20 counties will done with this way all while people are thinking we are getting real
partnerships.

A. I understand your skepticisim. We all want to see immediate results. You will be
surprised very soon to see huge deals with major corporations, including huge
MNOs. I just ask you to be patient. Do not lose faith. I am a journalist, first and
foremost, and have never lied
It has not been an easy road. But believe me, we will get to where we have set to
be and that is mass adoption that can only happen through major deals. Our recent
fork (8 July) was about that and you have to give it time. Good solid things do not
happen overnight.
We are taking the proof of concept approach. And it is working, believe me. We
have turned some major eyes our way. But even just the legal stuff, the contracts,
the wording, takes time but we are very close to surprising the hell out of the crypto
industry.

Q. Any predictions could be helpful

A. As a PR Manager, my job is not to make predictions. I have to be honest: I don’t
have the skills to make those. I would be lying to you. I’m sure you do not want that.
I want to be completely honest because trust and credibility to me, as a journalist, is
most important to me.

Q. Can you maybe tell us more about Cloud miner. What does count as a number? As
a community we see this as a bit strange 3.2mil users and only 180k cloud miners.

A. We are dealing with a problem of duplication of accounts. Fake accounts set up in
detriment of our real users. We are working on a system to weed them out and
make sure our real users reap the benefits of engaging with the Electroneum
mobile app.

Q. What about the way trough fiat to Etn?

A. I would like to have the information to answer that, Jon. I have heard that it is one of
the CEO’s highest priorities. But I cannot even begin to say when.

11 Likes

This is just overwhelming, it sound like unbelievable :open_mouth:

Q. ETN is not partnering with more MVNO’s just third parties & that is why we are not
seeing any growth via Cloud Miner, it is just a unknown 3 party retailer. The other
20 counties will done with this way all while people are thinking we are getting real
partnerships.

A. I understand your skepticisim. We all want to see immediate results. You will be
surprised very soon to see huge deals with major corporations, including huge
MNOs. I just ask you to be patient. Do not lose faith. I am a journalist, first and
foremost, and have never lied
It has not been an easy road. But believe me, we will get to where we have set to
be and that is mass adoption that can only happen through major deals. Our recent
fork (8 July) was about that and you have to give it time. Good solid things do not
happen overnight.
We are taking the proof of concept approach. And it is working, believe me. We
have turned some major eyes our way. But even just the legal stuff, the contracts,
the wording, takes time but we are very close to surprising the hell out of the crypto
industry.

9 Likes

Thank you very much for putting this together to put it all in one place! Some absolutely incredibly news in that AMA, totally made my day to say the least. I hope you’re all excited, I most certainly am. ETN is about to seriously take things to another level.

Btw, @Rach if you could I think it’d be excellent if you and the team could send this out in an email to everyone and perhaps also do an official post on all of ETN’s social media pages. There’s a lot of valuable information that needs to reach a lot more people. I think the community would really appreciate it thank you.

9 Likes

wow! great information. GigFair will be launched by end of September.

3 Likes

This is a BIG statement. A lot of people overlook ETN because they don’t see immediate results, but the reason I have never lost faith is because I see the fundamentals and they are doing it right from the ground up.

14 Likes

Exactly this! We’ve come so far. Things will be very different by the end of this year :slight_smile:

6 Likes