Airplanes šŸ›© / Helis/ other Aircraft Thread/ Show and Tell

Hereā€™s a fun write up about destination flying in Ireland.

https://www.barnstormers.com/eFLYER/2019/586/featured-article/586-eFLYER-FA01.html

Doing some traveling this summer? Go book a discovery/ introductory flight at your vacation spot. Youā€™ll see the area from above and get some stick time while youā€™re at it. Best part is you donā€™t even have to have a pilots license to do it since itā€™s ā€œinstruction.ā€

1 Like

Hereā€™s one for ya!! From South Africa. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Geez, my brain doesnā€™t even know how to comprehend that flying. :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

A serious heli, with a serious pilot, extreme talent and skill.

Time for another Barn Toon:

unnamed

A constant reminder when flying high performance aircraft is, ā€œDonā€™t get behind the airplane!ā€

I used to fly an old Mooney, weā€™d joke that if you were too fast setting up an approach, you wouldnā€™t just miss the airport, youā€™d miss the whole town. :crazy_face:

Thanks for posting the Sam Chui video over in the fomosapien thread @s7ryker, that brought me to this one:

What a machine!

1 Like

Time for another Barn Toon:

unnamed

Well, we are still in a pilot shortage after allā€¦ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes
1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Thatā€™s too good, and a lot of truth. :crazy_face:

Thanks for sharing! :grin:

1 Like

Ha ha! Yes, so much truth in it - itā€™s hardly a parody at all :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Past time for another Barn Toon:

Hoping this is what my household will look like soon. Or at least spring timeā€¦

1 Like

Looks like I was right, spring time it will be!

Recently picked up this project:

My car is doing double duty as a wing holder.

This is what sheā€™ll look like after I go through it:

large_sonex_541s_kzUvVYv

I got tired of not flying as much as I used to, and after doing the math, realized owning an ā€œexperimentalā€ aircraft was actually quite affordable. Plus I got a good deal to boot.

Some videos of it coming soonā€¦

Iā€™ll end this post with a quote by Richard Bach, and my motivation behind this:

3 Likes

Weeks after I brought the plane home, I finally uploaded the video of the road trip.

Beluga whales, penguins, and a beautiful sunset all helped make it a memorable one. O yea, canā€™t forget the little plane in the back of the truck.

(Note: the logo in my current videos are not from AnyTask yet. Iā€™ll be updating all of that soon.)

1 Like

Iā€™m rather envious of the road trip alone. Looks like fun. Very nice mate. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks dude. All in all, it was a great trip. Kinda crazy how in that part of the country, you can go through 5 states in 5 hours of driving.

Was pretty annoyed with U-haul for blowing the reservation, but just equaled an extra night out in a new place with my wife. :dancer: :man_dancing:Canā€™t complain about that.

2 Likes

Hey @sallypinkhair, I saw this video and thought of you. Is Aero Legends where you got your warbird time?

2 Likes

Hi @Dr_Jan_Itor - lovely video. Iā€™m enjoying following your progress with your new Sonex project (I also loved the beluga whale clip :smiley: :heart_eyes: ).

Your enthusiasm shines through and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be very successful with the restoration to airworthiness.

Thanks for asking, but I havenā€™t flown with Aero Legends. I took a 30-min flight in a Harvard in the UK as a 30th birthday present, and all the other time in Tiger Moths, Chipmunks has been ā€œpaid in kindā€ via my ground crew work for a flight experience company, or my own paid training.

1 Like

Thank you, and thanks for following along. Two more videos in the pipeline at the moment.

Yea the Beluga :whale2:, Juneau, was the highlight of the visit for me. Itā€™s amazing how much he can interact with people. We were going back and forth opening our mouths nice and wide and showing off our teeth. Wasnā€™t expecting him to mimic me. We plan on going back up and doing the Beluga encounter where you get in the water with them.

Meanwhile, my wife was all about the penguins. :penguin: But then I did get her a surprise behind the scenes encounter with them for Christmas. The overnight stop in Mystic and her waking up next to the aquarium was totally planned by me.

Excellent, glad to see thereā€™s that much opportunity to experience warbirds over there. I was trying to convince my wife to get me a 30 minute flight in a P-40 for my birthday, but $1000 USD is a bit excessiveā€¦ Looks like Iā€™m going to have to start volunteering somewhere tooā€¦ :nerd_face:

2 Likes

This seems strangely familiar, like their addition though.

bt220

1 Like

@KarEnTam, where are ya buddy?

I could use some composite building advice. Thinking about making a luggage area for my plane with either fiberglass or carbon fiber. Havenā€™t worked with either before, what are your thoughts?

1 Like

Iā€™m hooked - watching Heathrow Airport live streaming of the arrivals. 15 go arounds so far in Storm Ciara!

2 Likes