Airplanes šŸ›© / Helis/ other Aircraft Thread/ Show and Tell

Here we go @Pahini and @KarEnTam, itā€™s starting.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2019/march/27/airline-to-turn-its-seaplanes-into-eplanes

Itā€™s cool to see the technology advance but Iā€™ll have to shed a tear :cry: or 2 for every beaver I see without a radial engineā€¦

1 Like

We have a producing full electric Ul plane, but I think its too early for Electricā€¦not until we find a sollution for batteries.

1 Like

Yea, I saw that as an option for the Panthera. No specs yet. Battery limitations is holding a lot of people back, but itā€™ll get there.

Although, 10 gal/ hr for that engine is pretty darn good too. Efficient airframe and wings it seems. :+1:

2 Likes

We are not working on electric panthera yet. Only Hybrid which should have be airborn this year.

Small usage due to sleek design :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doing some window shopping on Barnstormers today and saw this beauty of a Cessna 185 in Canada.

giphy%20(3)

1 Like

Time for another Barn Toon:

Although this thought is common among airline pilots, Iā€™d be ok with my ā€œofficeā€ being somewhere in the front of an airplane some time soon.

1 Like

Nothing to do with aircraft but a cool hanger fire foam videoā€¦

Id love to play in that lol

4 Likes

Nice!

Certainly a good thing to have. Too many aircraft collections have been lost to fire. Thereā€™s been several notable examples of multiple WWII era aircraft being lost at once.

1 Like

Pretty sure it was a Chinook for @Tanwaxā€¦

2 Likes

Looks fun, but it ainā€™t no foam party!

fluorinated surfactants are kinda toxic.

Make sure you at least wear shoes! :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

giphy%20(6)

True true. I used to work with surfactants as part of our production lines. We were told it was a carcinogen, but only if you bathed in it. Funny thing is when the application system was running, we may as well have been, so thick in the air.

2 Likes

I used to work in an injection moulding plastic factory when I was young. fumes in there were deadly. they encouraged smoking indoors on the job. That way seeking compensation for any respiratory issues would be very hard.

2 Likes

Hahahahahhaha

Ill definitely need some new ones lol

3 Likes

Food for thoughtā€¦

1 Like

Get a helicopter licenceā€¦ oh i would love that

Come on etnā€¦

And the helicopter i would have ā€¦

Airwolf of course

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Of course!

Loved that show growing up, went through the whole series a couple years ago while working night shift. What else do ya do?

I would be considering a Robinson R44.

MG_6909-592x394

1 Like

After flying RC planes for years, I started playing with drones recently.

The FAA considers them ā€œaircraftā€ as they do operate in the NAS (national airspace system), while a licensed pilot can take a written test and get a Part 107 Commercial Drone Operator License.

Whatā€™s that good for? Aerial photgraphy, videography, and mapping. Roof inspections. SAR. The drone industry is expanding and even autonomous systems will need someone to keep an eye on things.

Crappy pic from a cheap drone:

Iā€™ll invest in better (4K) equipment once my skills improve.

2 Likes

I donā€™t suggest waiting this long, but how cool is this:

2 Likes

That is absolutely amazingā€¦ especially at that age.

Shows us to never let go of your dreamsā€¦

Nice post @Dr_Jan_Itor thankyou

:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Too trueā€¦

Had some extra money last week, instead of flight time or ETN I had to buy a new water heaterā€¦

2 Likes