Airplanes šŸ›© / Helis/ other Aircraft Thread/ Show and Tell

Hereā€™s a moon dream for us. All original P-51 Mustang at auction with truckloads of parts. This includes 20 :exploding_head: Merlin engines!

All yours for a cool $4.5 million USD

2 Likes

Would it be possible to fly it home from South Africa in one tow, all conditions being perfect?

Iā€™ve read about several long soaring cross countries, donā€™t remember what the record is.

2 Likes

You can stay up, if the weather is right. But its a no go over the waterā€¦
records are around 14h of gliding without powerā€¦

3 Likes

I was on one in the ARMY in the 1980ā€™s catching a ride home from the desert in Yakima

3 Likes

Hey pilots and aircraft enthusiasts

Saw this and thought of you ā€¦

Classic hahahaha

3 Likes

Reminds me of the navy pilots who were ā€œdisciplinedā€ after drawing a gentlemanā€™sā€¦ err well you know in the sky.

I was going to post the link :thinking:, but all who care can Googs it. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Hahhaa

Ive seen them do hearts over uk amd x marks the spot lol
Brilliant

1 Like

That is what they say about flying though, hours of boredom with moments of sheer terror. It happens. Iā€™ve had some long flights I thought would never end, then interupted by a mechanical problem or weather change.

Thereā€™s always the Sky Typers for your aerial messaging needs:

http://www.skytypers.com/

2 Likes

If we moon i might send a message to all the fudders hahaha

2 Likes

When thinking about that moonwalk,
Spare a thought for those loved ones you leave behind too.!

2 Likes

1 Like

True true, itā€™s not all guns and bombs in aerial warfare. I used to fly with a guy who flew the EA-6 on those exact msisions. Interesting storiesā€¦

Not to mention, aircraft broadcasting false propaganda using ā€œpsychological warfare.ā€ Sounds crazy, but it is a recognized and effective ā€œtoolā€ on the battlefield. I once toured a C-130 that had a full TV station in it, bunch of antennas on the tail, that they used to broadcast messages with a fake Saddam during Desert Storm. Nothing sensitive or classified here, this was out in public at an air show.

ec130jcommandosolo

C-130 rolling down the strip Airborne Ranger on a one way trip hay hay all the way.

1 Like

Screenshot_2019-03-02-10-59-48-1-1

1 Like

Thatā€™s about all Iā€™m flying at the momentā€¦ lol

2 Likes

I saw a F4 Tornado from the top while flying over the mid west 2 different times the second one was smaller though. it is cool looks like a whirlpool in the sky. I was amazed that the plane wasnā€™t sucked in. We were at some great distance. @Dr_Jan_Itor

2 Likes

Thatā€™s gotta be something to behold. Totally different perspective in the air.

Amelia Earhart once said, ā€œYou havenā€™t seen a tree, until you see itā€™s shadow from the sky.ā€

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Black or blacker?

2 Likes