Airplanes šŸ›© / Helis/ other Aircraft Thread/ Show and Tell

How about another barn toon?

227-barntoon

1 Like

I bought some ā€œAeronā€ today.
Itā€™s a crypto desingned for The Aviation industry.

1 Like

Yea, interesting project, heard about it from @Plankton_ETN. Havenā€™t done my research on it yet.

I am aware the the FAA in the US is currently looking into a sort of rewards program for itā€™s WINGS safety program. Government is slow to adopt anything so not sure if theyā€™ve even considered a crypto. Iā€™ll look for the articleā€¦

2 Likes

How about another since I didnā€™t post one last week.

226-barntoon

1 Like

Ok, it wasnā€™t the faa but a private organization seeing the opportunity. But the FAAST team has taken notice. (Faa safety team)

https://generalaviationnews.com/2018/12/30/sweepstakes-pays-you-to-be-a-safer-pilot/#more-124357

1st line: ā€œIt seems that everyone in general aviation knows someone who was killed or injured in an accident.ā€

Truth. :pensive:

1 Like

Itā€™s coming:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2019/january/24/boeing-flies-electric-vtol-prototype

1 Like

Yikes. I refuse even to switch from a standard to an automatic vehicle. I canā€™t imagine Iā€™ll ever be comfortable being flown around by something like thatā€¦ As cool as it looks.

1 Like

I hear ya, I miss my stick shift vehicles. A nasty dirt bike wreck and wife who canā€™t drive stick (Iā€™ve tried) have put me in the undead realm of autos for the time being.

At least my bikes still have clutchesā€¦

images%20(2)

2 Likes

I had an auto for 10 months , i couldnā€™t get used to it . Even with my hip problems Iā€™ll still use a manual ā€¦

More control

2 Likes

Oh cool,I am a glider pilot, for hobby-sport.

My passion is making high quality airplane models(big ones) and the biggest passion is where I work- Pipistrelā€¦ I am working in R&D on probably the most beautiful 4 seater, Panthera!

nice to see someone loving Aviation here!
Thanks for invite @Dr_Jan_Itor

:))

1 Like

O wow, nice @KarEnTam!

Iā€™ve been following Pipestrel for some time now.

Congrats being able to work on what your passionate about. So few get to.

My flying is a mix of hobby and charity/ service, mixed emotions on being a commercial pilot. Although Iā€™m mechanical, no A&P license to work on em yet.

I look forward to what you can bring to this thread. :grinning:

1 Like

Great to hear that! :slight_smile:

And here is my biggest model, 40% size of the original oneā€¦

1 Like

@KarEnTam Thats a model , a radio controlled planeā€¦
???

Thats right, 30kg flying arround :slight_smile:

all mould made with carbon-glass fibresā€¦ really proud of this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you make it too ?

yes, all build from scratch :slight_smile:

me and my dad together

3 Likes

Woah !!! I used to work on aircraft , passenger planes etc.

That looks real!! Absolutely awesome congratulations on a fantastic build ā€¦

Seriously thats some detail ā€¦

One day im going to have a go in a glider it looks peaceful and so graceful ā€¦

Im amazed at that modelā€¦ bravoā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks, that a 2year work with my dad, a lot of time and spent here. But this is something I will never sell because it shows what me and dad were able to build our own and learning. All worth it. Also I probably got job on Pipistrel because of thatā€¦ :))

it has also a pilot inside, cockpit, retractable landing gear, lightsā€¦all the detailsā€¦

1 Like

Well thats an amazing detailed model aircraft . Blown away by the detail.

Fantastic workā€¦ and pipistrel should be thankful for having you , great skills ā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s quite a ā€œmodelā€ @KarEnTam, might as well have been your personal business card. Yea, Iā€™d say you earned your spot with that.

Always built airplane models as a kid, mostly plastic some balsa wood. Many never finished that I still have. Messed with RC planes a bit. Tried a few of my own designs with foam, but they just flew like:

rvJb2b