Airplanes šŸ›© / Helis/ other Aircraft Thread/ Show and Tell

Interesting. Sounds similar to what we have over here now. What people call the ā€œDriverā€™s License Medical.ā€

So these exemptions have to be renewed by the government every so often for pilots to claim them?

1 Like

It is not hard it is like a few week on a course. i need a new medical exam, my old one expire a while a go i got med A back then. I am not sure about the general aviation, but we got some regulation and rouls, but it is well doebole for average joe.

1 Like

Thatā€™s all good to hear. Come on :first_quarter_moon_with_face:!

Itā€™s good to learn about how other countries handle their flight training and certification. The aviation advocacy groups in the US just say itā€™s so much ā€œharder to getā€ and ā€œmore expensiveā€ in other countries.

As usual, you have to go direct to the source. :+1:

1 Like

Anyone need an inspirational flying (or all around life) story today? Check out:

This is Patricia Mawuli from Ghana, the first licensed female pilot in the country. Came from nothing, and worked hard to get where she is today.

I know sheā€™s inspired plenty of young women in Ghana to fly, heck sheā€™s an inspiration to me as well. Enjoy!

1 Like

This are my favorites on flying on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSvdee86uThqIrloZjWwNVg

Just enjoyā€¦i call this flying end livingā€¦

2 Likes

O yea, Trent is also one of my faves, the quality of his videos are second to none. Plus, heā€™s probably led to more Kitfox sales than anyone online.

A Kitfox was on my short list when I was looking for a plane too. Most of what I came across were Rotax 2 strokes. I love a 2 smoker in a bike, not a plane.

The Sonex is small enough that I could fit another high wing plane in a hangar with it, so maybe thatā€™ll be a :first_quarter_moon_with_face: acquisition.

In the meantime, this is my latest attempt at a YouTube airplane video:

2 Likes

Hey @Dr_Jan_Itor I live in a small village in an old mining valley. We have a helicopter landing pad, in a guys back garden. well heā€™s a semi local legend millionaire, with a big house on the hill. Whenever he gets bored he takes his helicopter out occasionally, just to buzz around the village and fly around the surrounding hills to show off! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Well wouldnā€™t you?? Not sure what type it is. Itā€™s medium sized and red. Maybe five seater. Next time he flies over Iā€™ll snap a pic and youā€™ll probably be able to identify it. Or next time I bump into his wife o could ask her, not sure if sheā€™d know though. His hobby I guess. :joy::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

That is part of the fun of helicopters, you can totally keep one at your house so long as your yard is big enough. They donā€™t exactly have to follow the same rules as airplanes. Iā€™d like to get a Helicycle or Mosquito single seater to do the same.

Showing off, not cool. Does he take any of the locals for rides? When moon, you could buy AirWolf and dogfight with him: :grin:

Robinson R44 is going to be my first guess, typical light heli for that scenario. Look forward to seeing it!

2 Likes

Hereā€™s another cool flying video:

We didnā€™t get any snow like this in my part of the world. :snowflake: Looks great from the air!

2 Likes

Ever watch an airshow routine and wonder how the airplanes are able to smoke like that?

Apparently I had to buy an airplane to find out, as mine came with one. Hereā€™s the specific components, maybe this will help somebody install their ownā€¦

1 Like

Something to make you smile:

2 Likes

ā€œHavinā€™ a good time!ā€ :notes:

Great video, thereā€™s A LOT more female pilots than people realizeā€¦

2 Likes

If anyoneā€™s wondering what it would be like to take an introductory flight lesson in a helicopter :helicopter:, I finally put this video together:

Itā€™s a long one, but you can expect your first lesson to be about a half hour.

Getting a rotorcraft add on is still on my moon bucket list. :grin:

2 Likes

I love al aircraftsā€¦ if i get a medical certificate again i will start flying after we moon, i did have classA before but it is expiredā€¦for a few years agoā€¦ stil got my school books fore CPL-H and PPL-Hā€¦ My intention was to go at Beckers Helicopter school in AUS, use to be my dream a long time ago :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Too trueā€¦

1 Like

Hereā€™s another one I know youā€™ll like @B.F.A.

Heā€™s got a lot of good content.

3 Likes

when moon i want to fly that

1 Like
1 Like

Sweet cross country ride! Maybe @KarEnTam can get us a discountā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Got another one for ya @B.F.A:

This time from your country, might need to get in touch with this guy.

And for anyone else who may have missed it, hereā€™s the first flight of my project airplane:

Donā€™t just wait for ā€œwen moon,ā€ there are plenty of opportunities to follow your dreams RIGHT NOW! Youā€™ll be much more prepared when that day finally comes for all of us. :+1:

1 Like